P3A "no signal" in app mid flight

pba

Reaction score
New to the forum, got a p3a last week. Used to fly a lot of nitro RC years ago, and love the p3 so far.

I know similar issues have been discussed but I have not found an answer to this issue I have been having. After about 10 flights on my p3 this has happened on 3 flights, including the very first one:

While flying with full signal on the tx, video downlink, and great gps signal, I will look down to my app and I will see "no signal" indication on top and no video feed. There will show no GPS signal and if I recall correctly the battery and mode also say "N/A". Fortunately when this happens, I still have full control and the RTH works correctly, Also, if I tap the no signal to check the aircraft state, it shows normal

This happened on my very first flight which scared me obviously, but I was only about 30 meters high and 20 meters out so I landed it myself. The next time it happened was about flight 8. This time I immediately tested the RTH and it worked. I then closed the app and reopened it, and it was working normally again. However the third time it happened, closing the app did nothing, yet when I reopened it it still said no signal and no video, yet GPS showed 15 or so satellites and full tx and video strength .

I am almost certain this is an issue with the app, since it shows no signal, yet everything works fine and the aircraft state says normal. in addition, the app shows no gps yet, RTH still works fine. This is occurring on an iPhone 6 and I did already try to uninstall and reinstall the app, yet it happened again the next flight.

Anyone have this issue and a fix? DJI online support (which is terrible they take about 15 minutes for each chat reply) told me to try using an android device, no much help there.

Thanks!

Hi,
Your not alone. It's the app ver 1.2.0. I am trying to go back to ver 1.1.2, but did not back up before it updated. I now have to find a cracked 1.1.2 and jail brake my iPad mini. Going to an android device won't help from what I've seen so far.

so you "lose signal" yet have full gps and transmitter conrol?

Pull the USB cable out in mid flight and plug back in.
It will NOT affect the flight nor will it trigger RTH.

I am experiencing basically the same thing on my iPad mini 2. I completed an IMU calibration, put it and my phone in airplane mode and it has seemed to help...some. I still get the random "No signal" but it doens't seem to be every single flight now... More like every other or third flight. Still frustrating. RTH still works and I have full control of the PH3, just no info seems to be going to the app when it happens.....no battery, GPS, video, etc. Here was my thread incase there is some info in it to help: http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/49030/

Thanks for the input… I have not yet tried putting my phone in airplane mode, i leave cell and wifi on… DJI support said it doesn't make a difference but others say different. Luckily I have only had it 3 out of 11ish flights. distance and time does not seem to matter.

New to the forum, got a p3a last week. Used to fly a lot of nitro RC years ago, and love the p3 so far.

I know similar issues have been discussed but I have not found an answer to this issue I have been having. After about 10 flights on my p3 this has happened on 3 flights, including the very first one:

While flying with full signal on the tx, video downlink, and great gps signal, I will look down to my app and I will see "no signal" indication on top and no video feed. There will show no GPS signal and if I recall correctly the battery and mode also say "N/A". Fortunately when this happens, I still have full control and the RTH works correctly, Also, if I tap the no signal to check the aircraft state, it shows normal

This happened on my very first flight which scared me obviously, but I was only about 30 meters high and 20 meters out so I landed it myself. The next time it happened was about flight 8. This time I immediately tested the RTH and it worked. I then closed the app and reopened it, and it was working normally again. However the third time it happened, closing the app did nothing, yet when I reopened it it still said no signal and no video, yet GPS showed 15 or so satellites and full tx and video strength .

I am almost certain this is an issue with the app, since it shows no signal, yet everything works fine and the aircraft state says normal. in addition, the app shows no gps yet, RTH still works fine. This is occurring on an iPhone 6 and I did already try to uninstall and reinstall the app, yet it happened again the next flight.

Anyone have this issue and a fix? DJI online support (which is terrible they take about 15 minutes for each chat reply) told me to try using an android device, no much help there.

Thanks!
This started happening to me after I forgot to disable auto updating of the Pilot app. One day I suddenly had 1.2.0 and the erroneous gimbal errors / no signal issues that often go with it. I dealt with it for a while and it never kept me from flying, but I finally got tired of it and went back to 1.1.2. That immediately stopped the issues. It was July 4 when I went back to 1.1.2 and I have not seen these issues since then. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Thanks!
I had the same exact issue on my very first flight. After I tapped the RTH button. the drone flew to my almost approximate location before I got the no signal notification.

I was in an open space and I could see the drone in the air. Pointing my controller directly at it or adjusting the antenna position did not help one bit.

I managed to land it by eye safely. I wonder if it's the firmware or a combination of firmeware+RTH that is causing this bug.

You don't need to be in airplane mode. I would just kill all running apps, Kill wifi and then go flying.

This has been happening to me. My solution was to buy a new cable. An authentic Apple cable. That seemed to fix it immediately. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i did try a different cable and had the same failiure once… HOWEVER I recently discovered my cable I was using was junk, as I have been charging my phone from it and it constantly shows disconnected. That said I upgraded app and firmware, and also changed cable and have not had it happen again in 6 or so flights. Now I won't know if it was cable or firmware/app update but I hope it is solved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4