P3a motors going overload

Reaction score
What the hell...just held my drone as I know it something wrong with it
By the landing gear put a tiny bit of power up and man.... it just went too full power on its own.
Luckily I had a good grip and panicking trying too shut it down.
I noticed on the iPad that a warning sign came up..(over current)
Manage too shut it down while its on full power ...scary..very scary .
Touched the motors and two of them was really hot too the touch, and it was only on for one min.
Anyone know what's wrong with it I've only had it 1 month

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just so I understand, you were holding it by the landing gear, figuring on taking off from your hand?

No ...I new one of the motors was playing up so I held it too get a closer look ...thank god I did as it went too full power 10sec later

It's say on iPad .....current overload..then two motors were hot too the touch

Take the props off, and set it on concrete or the floor and see how it acts. Much safer than holding it.

It went mental...massive overload on the motors why this hopping ..?

Buford.....have you ever heard of this before or is it just my bad luck[emoji852]️

I haven't, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. We''ll have to wait for some of the other members, maybe they have had experience with this.

I will ask though, is it new? What model is it A,P or S? If its not new, have you ever switched any motors? These are some things they might ask.

turn quad upside down then take compressed air and blow out the motors....

Really...I think it more than stuff stuck in the motors ..it's a major electrical fault??

Don't try to test your motors with the props on and hold it down-- I will cause a current overload and the motors will heat up as well as you may burn up the circuits. Those motors are designed to lift the weight of the P3 -- not unlimited weight.

Reactions: yankee65
Buford.....have you ever heard of this before or is it just my bad luck[emoji852]️

you have not included some important info.

what occurred or was occurring that caused the motor to "play up"
what does that mean---

they will get hot as hell so that is not abnormal
do as suggested retest without props and see if things work or goes nuts again
do all 4 motors still work etc?

Well you don't know and ask for help then someone suggested blowing motors out (good idea) and you shoot that down. Just my opinion but you asked for help so why not try it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You no when u take your car to a Garage and tell the mechanic there is something wrong with it, he gives it you back and says it's okay, but you know your car, there is something wrong it's like that...it's faulty I no it

You've had the drone for a month, not sure what you're previous RC experience is but I highly doubt "feels wrong" is in any way objective. Also most mechanics would prolly just tell you the felangi was busted and was replaced and charge you for your paranoia. As far as motors spinning up that IS normal! The phantom is not designed to be played with in your hands. If you've got the throttle stick more that 50% the bird expects to ascend, if it doesn't (you holding it) then it will continually increase force and motor spin to try and overcome the 'weight' and actually go up. Listen to and try the advice or send it to DJI. Those are literally your only two options...

Manage too get it. Exchange old for new happy days[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

And you will get the same result with the new one. If you give it some throttle it will want to move up. It's very simple really

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I gave it no more than 10%????...it went full power, I know something wrong with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers