P3A meets sand

Reaction score
Ok fellas! I joined the group today I didn't want to join. I was at the lake filming my friends and family skim boarding behind a winch. I was bringing in the phantom for a hand catch when my cousins dog jumped and grabbed the landing gear pulling it to the ground (from 8 feet I might add!! lol). As it was coming down it flipped and landed in the sand upside down. I tried to initiate a CSC as it was happening, but when i picked the bird up 3 of the 4 props powered back up and I powered down with the left stick. I started blowing out the sand around the motors, and the stuck prop was able to be spun by hand. I blew till they all seemed smooth and powered it back up, let it idle for a few seconds and shut it down. I also had to blow out the gamble as it was sticking. I got it to where everything seemed to function properly so I threw a new battery in and took off. I kept it low and slow checking all controls and stability. Everything seemed fine and actually ended up flying the whole battery. What do I need to worry about? I was going to give everything a good blow with some computer spray and do a IMU calibration, and gimbal calibration. I also took this as my time to join and load some logs to healthy drone.com everything seemed ok as far as sensors from flights before and after. Only issue I noticed was some battery voltage deviations, which were from logs before the issue as well, guess that will be another post. Thoughts, opinions, public lashings.... Im ready!

Hmmmmmm, I'm beginning to think that I should keep a can of "Dust Off" compressed air in my car when flying. Too big to put in the carry case!

does anyone knows how to open a motor for cleaning, i have an accident in the sand and the motors are blocked.
please i need to know how you can open them for cleaning

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20