P3A maiden flight ok

Reaction score
After 2 weeks of crappy weather and quite a few hours in the app simulator, I finally got the P3A out for a quick test today. Very short flight; manual takeoff, hovered for a few minutes to check stability, then did a few maneuvers before landing manually. Fingers got too cold to go any longer (-8 C, no gloves on).

Latest firmware on everything (iOS, iPhone6+).

Very responsive bird - very much looking forward to getting out for some more flying.

Here's a single frame. Crappy home internet connection = video upload @ glacial speeds :-/

cf21bb68dd922e39d85f7a9afa9d46b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Grae
Awesome! How did you do regarding control and orientation? Did you find it easy?

I had to wait almost two weeks to fly due to weather, but used the time to practice in the simulator. It helps. We live in a bit of a "bowl" in the mountains, so I was a bit worried about how many satellites I'd pick up. Incredibly, I still get up to 15-17... Very stable hovering and very responsive. the POI mode is fantastic. My friends and family can't believe how smooth the video is (me neither actually).

In the meantime I put together a clip (boring for seasoned phantom veterans !)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Grae
I had to wait almost two weeks to fly due to weather, but used the time to practice in the simulator. It helps. We live in a bit of a "bowl" in the mountains, so I was a bit worried about how many satellites I'd pick up. Incredibly, I still get up to 15-17... Very stable hovering and very responsive. the POI mode is fantastic. My friends and family can't believe how smooth the video is (me neither actually).

In the meantime I put together a clip (boring for seasoned phantom veterans !)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool! Did you use any filters and what frame rate did you use?

For the sunnier parts of the clip I had a ND8 on... the slip-in kind from PhantomFilters.com [ link ].

BTW, I had a hell of time getting the UV filter off, but I think everyone here is familiar with that. :mad:

Framerate: 2.7K / 30fps (downsized to 1080)

Cool. Thanks. Yes, took me ages as well. Trick was to grip it right at the edge!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers