P3A Lost signal

Reaction score
Hi all, help me before I don't take 3 advanced out of box again. Had my quad for 2 weeks now after owning 3s for 6 months. Last couple of times flying I've got the dreaded 'no signal' light up on app. Luckily I've had my son nearby as a spotter and he has been able to guide me back home. So, I get the no signal, anywhere from 40 metres away up to 600 metres away, nothing on camera view but I'm clearly still able to control it to bring it home.
Updated to FW 6 just before this started happening and what I really want and think I should do is wind back on the FW? Even clearing video cache, carrying out IMU cal before flights it still does it. Tried flying in different venues but still happening.

Can anyone give me some guidance on way ahead!?????

I take it that it's just video feed your are losing because you can still control it and the controller shows a green LED right?

If so what device are you using? If an iPhone turn off your refresh apps in general and turn on airplane mode. Also you can have a cable issue, try another know good cable from controller to device.

I take it that it's just video feed your are losing because you can still control it and the controller shows a green LED right?
Hi jbundy, yes, still got leds, just video feed and the no signal in middle top of app. One thing that also feel like mentioning is that I have to return bird home, turn everything off and on, including restart the app before getting rid of the 'no signal'. Worries me also that the RTH feature doesn't kick in when lose signal despite being set on app. Cheers.

The only time it will go into the RTH function is when you lose controller to aircraft signal and the controller LED turns to red or you manually press the RTH button on the controller. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Go app on your device?

Automatic no-signal RTH kicks in when RC signal is lost. No video signal will not.
Can you activate RTH on Go App or there is no connection between remote and your phone/tablet?
You can always use RTH button on controller since that communication works.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only time it will go into the RTH function is when you lose controller to aircraft signal and the controller LED turns to red or you manually press the RTH button on the controller. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Go app on your device?
I have reinstalled it on both my Android phone and Android tablet to no avail. Do you think it's an app issue?

I have reinstalled it on both my Android phone and Android tablet to no avail. Do you think it's an app issue?
If you have uninstalled and reinstalled then I don't think so. Have you tried a different cable from the controller to aircraft?

Automatic no-signal RTH kicks in when RC signal is lost. No video signal will not.
Can you activate RTH on Go App or there is no connection between remote and your phone/tablet?
You can always use RTH button on controller since that communication works.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Neven, I tried the RTH button but app came up with a message saying function couldn't be used, I don't remember exact wording.

If you have uninstalled and reinstalled then I don't think so. Have you tried a different cable from the controller to aircraft?
No. But I have just looked at cable and noticed its not original dji cable so I will sort that out and have another go. Thanks for brain trigger.

Yeah if your losing it between the controller to device it will not let you use that function from the device itself.

No. But I have just looked at cable and noticed its not original dji cable so I will sort that out and have another go. Thanks for brain trigger.
Yes give that a try, it doesn't have to be a DJI cable but I have heard of a lot of aftermarket cables creating issues, such as non factory Apple iPhone and Android cables, also try putting you device in airplane mode to see if that helps as well.

Last edited:
Thanks, will try today. Have to say I hadn't heard of flying quad whilst in airplane mode, makes sense I guess as it cuts out all outside interference. Will keep you posted. Thanks.

I was wrong, the cable I've been using is the dji cable. Turned everything on in the house, relinked controller and aircraft, did imu cal again, cleared cache again, two mins in and I got the dreaded no signal again. Then the app went straight to my dji library by itself. What I have noticed is that when I click on the 'about' link in the app, it says my controller is at version 1.5.70 and the aircraft is at 1.6.40. When I upgraded to latest firmware a few weeks I got 'success' on the script files for both uploads. Strange. Could this be the problem? Forgot to mention, I've also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it in the last hour to no avail. Any suggestions guys?

Try another cable.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Guys, tried tablet and phone, different cables *3 on both phone and tablet this afternoon indoors only. It seems to be more frequent now, out of a dozen full on and full offs with different cables and devices I had the camera running once, all other times I had 'no signal' on the app. Still was able to start motors running etc, just no picture.

What is the method for taking firmware back to previous version on both the controller and the aircraft?

Not risking flying it as when I get no signal showing when in flight, unless it's in sight I won't be able to get it back again.

Come on DJI, throw something at me here. Lovely aircraft but only if you can rely on it flying safely and being able to return to me if signal lost.

That maybe the case that something is wrong with the aircraft, camera, controller being you have tired all those things. I would definitely contact DJI and question them on it. You can email them as well. I did awhile back and they contacted me back within a day or so. They will more than likely have you send it in and give you a RMA number. Sorry, I can't think of anything at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers