P3A lands harder than P3S

Reaction score
Hi, i got my P3A about a week ago after i had the P3S for who weeks, one thing I noticed is my P3S would land much softer then my P3A, and im afraid landing a bit hard would couse cracks over time

What can I do?
I use auto land via the app

Hi, i got my P3A about a week ago after i had the P3S for who weeks, one thing I noticed is my P3S would land much softer then my P3A, and im afraid landing a bit hard would couse cracks over time

What can I do?
Land manually, its very easy.

Your Phantom does not know exactly where the ground is located, so auto landings are never going to be a smooth as when you manually land.

Wow so how did my P3S landed so smoothly? it was amazing he stopped 5 cm above the ground and landed like a champ

I would always hand catch. No matter how smooth the landing you always risk debris being thrown up into the motors. Also it doesn't matter if the ground is uneven.

It is simple and safe.You just hover above your head and reach up - grab hold of one skid. Just remember the motors take a few seconds to stop.
It is easier with 2 people but simple enough on your own. Seriously it is a piece of cake it really is!!!

Reactions: snowghost
It is simple and safe.You just hover above your head and reach up - grab hold of one skid. Just remember the motors take a few seconds to stop.
It is easier with 2 people but simple enough on your own. Seriously it is a piece of cake it really is!!!
As long as you have the controller on a lanyard-- for those that hold it without the lanyard - it could be a bit risky--:D

As long as you have the controller on a lanyard-- for those that hold it without the lanyard - it could be a bit risky--:D
Lol yes - a neck strap is essential - should come with one becuase it makes everything so much easier. I kept meaning to order one and then I remembered my old Futaba transmitter from the 1990s. I pinched the strap off that. I have to be honest - handling the old 35mhz Futaba - now THAT was a quality bit of kit!

I agree totally with handcatch. As pilots we know the inherent risks and dangers that may be associated with flying these wonderful birds. Proper prevention methods, handled correctly, will help you preserve it, have fun with it and potentially save you $$ and your life.

I do handcatch always as well...I use safety sunglasses, when I do. One thing is for certain...it is a "flying food processor" as it has been said here. You do have to be extra careful...check wind always...never ever try to handcatch when bird is at pilot's head level or below. Maintain almost an arm's length of distance between pilot and bird. Always from below...just like handling a crab!!.

Safe flying and calm winds!

Hi, i got my P3A about a week ago after i had the P3S for who weeks, one thing I noticed is my P3S would land much softer then my P3A, and im afraid landing a bit hard would cause cracks over time

What can I do?
It's highly unlikely that the Advanced and Pro models behave differently on landing since the only difference between the models is a small one inside the cameras. There's no physical difference in the Phantoms.

I had the standard not the pro
So what you are saying is that the P3 Standard lands smoother than the P3 Advanced?
That is odd since the P3A have the VPS with a vertical precision of 10 cm, which the P3S don't.

Edit:
I never use auto land nor manual land, I always hand-grab.
1. let it hover at about 2 meter
2. when you are sure it hovers stable, step up to it and grab and hold one leg (don't try to move it)
3. pull down the left stick to stop the motors (continue holding it in the same position)
4. after a couple of seconds, the motors stops

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that the P3 Standard lands smoother than the P3 Advanced?
That is odd since the P3A have the VPS with a vertical precision of 10 cm, which the P3S don't.

Edit:
I never use auto land nor manual land, I always hand-grab.
1. let it hover at about 2 meter
2. when you are sure it hovers stable, step up to it and grab and hold one leg (don't try to move it)
3. pull down the left stick to stop the motors
4. after a couple of seconds, the motors stops.
Probably has to do with the upgraded motors on the standard

More power, more lift.... More control? That's my theory at least.
Also that's the only difference between the two that I know of so that would make sense maybe someone with a new advanced with the new motors can weigh in on this.

Also that's the only difference between the two that I know of so that would make sense maybe someone with a new advanced with the new motors can weigh in on this.
Between the standard and advanced?
There are a few more differences... :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj