P3A just beeps after new download

Reaction score
After 3 trys of download ing new firmware I check my text to see success and get strange results. Posted them in yesterdays forum. Now when I power up bird all I get is a constant beeping noise and when I try reloading it just keeps beeping. HELP Please.

the update will take 15-20 minutes to complete and the phantom will beep during this process, are you sure you are waiting long enough? Did you get the update complete tone?

After 3 trys of download ing new firmware I check my text to see success and get strange results. Posted them in yesterdays forum. Now when I power up bird all I get is a constant beeping noise and when I try reloading it just keeps beeping. HELP Please.
I am having the same problem. HELP!!!

I had the same problem with the last update. Now the bird is in CA for a 8 week turnaround for repairs. After I started getting that beep nothing else that I did made any change.

After receiving the tone which indicates that the update is complete and verified its success via the text are you either removing the card with the firmware on it, removing the data on the card or did you just leave the firmware on the card, trying to startup and fly? I always remove the card or format it removing the firmware so the bird doesn't try to do a update all over again. Not sure it would actually try that but I find no reason to leave it on the card in the bird.

Same issue here.

I put the new BIN file on a freshly formatted SD card and fired the P3P up. It beeped and flashed like it normally does for firmware upgrades. I waited until the gimbal light was green, about a half hour later. I then turned off the bird, and turned it back on again.
This time when I powered it on, it sounds like a nasty loud alarm clock. The gimbal light flashes red/green for about 20 min and then goes green. When I power the bird down, then back up, it still has the alarm clock beeping noise.
I have tried reformatting the card, and putting the BIN file on the card and restarting the upgrade, but all it does is beep like and alarm clock.

Anyone else have this problem?

I had the same issue, I read somewhere to just let it do the loud beeps for 10 mins or so. So I locked it in a closet for 10 mins and when it stopped crying (haha) I came back and it had finished the update, i took the sd card out and check that the update was a success in the .txt file and it was ready for flight. I've flown it twice since with no issues.

I had the same issue, I read somewhere to just let it do the loud beeps for 10 mins or so. So I locked it in a closet for 10 mins and when it stopped crying (haha) I came back and it had finished the update, i took the sd card out and check that the update was a success in the .txt file and it was ready for flight. I've flown it twice since with no issues.

I have read that too, but what baffles me is that it beeps like an alarm clock and the gimbal light flashes red/green, for about 20-25 min, then goes solid green. It acts like it is done, but the loud beeps are still going, even after the gimbal light goes to a solid green.

I sure hope that a don't have a bricked phantom.

Same issue here.

I put the new BIN file on a freshly formatted SD card and fired the P3P up. It beeped and flashed like it normally does for firmware upgrades. I waited until the gimbal light was green, about a half hour later. I then turned off the bird, and turned it back on again.
This time when I powered it on, it sounds like a nasty loud alarm clock. The gimbal light flashes red/green for about 20 min and then goes green. When I power the bird down, then back up, it still has the alarm clock beeping noise.
I have tried reformatting the card, and putting the BIN file on the card and restarting the upgrade, but all it does is beep like and alarm clock.

Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, I had the same problem. Now what? Any ideas?

Yes, I had the same problem. Now what? Any ideas?

Here goes...I finally got Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 installed.

I used a hodgepodge combination of different things I read about on here today. So I am not exactly sure what the root cause was, but here is what I did to get rid of my never ending alarm beeping Phantom.

Removed battery out of phantom for 10 minutes.
Redownloaded the 1.4.0010 zip file from DJI website and unzipped it.
Used a different microSD card.
Reformatted card in the bird, and not on computer. (This was tricky and took a few tries to get. I had to do it immediately after the phantom booted and the app connected to the bird. It seems like it won't work if you wait too long.)
Put new copy of unzipped bin file on the newly formatted card.
Reinstalled battery.
Repowered on Phantom.

It did its alarm clock super loud annoying beeping for 10 minutes with no arm lights blinking as it recovered from a botched firmware upgrade. After the 10 minutes, the gimbal started its D,D,D chime with the red/green LED alternating and the arm lights started flashing. I came back 45 minutes later and the gimbal was solid green. Pulled the SD card out and checked the txt file.
Finally success was seen in the txt file!!!

After I confirmed the firmware upgrade was a success on the bird, I reformatted the card using the GO app. I then test flew it making sure pictures and videos record to the card fine.

I took the bird out and tested out the new POI features...I gotta say, it's pretty pimp.

Nasty loud alarm clock means the first attempt failed and the Phantom is cleaning it up. It will transition from nasty loud mode to normal quiet beep-beep-da-beep mode after about 15 minutes. I had to put mine in a wooden box to keep from going insane. The second attempt went through fine after about 30 minutes.

No need for any weird rituals here. Use a clean card. Copy the firmware to the card. Make sure your battery is full. Check the log file after each update. It'll show you what's happening.

Nasty loud alarm clock means the first attempt failed and the Phantom is cleaning it up. It will transition from nasty loud mode to normal quiet beep-beep-da-beep mode after about 15 minutes. I had to put mine in a wooden box to keep from going insane. The second attempt went through fine after about 30 minutes.

No need for any weird rituals here. Use a clean card. Copy the firmware to the card. Make sure your battery is full. Check the log file after each update. It'll show you what's happening.

You mean this type of loud alarm clock sound? Dropbox - Archivo 12-09-15 15 15 02.mov

Ian, are we sure this isn't a hardware issue ? Having this problem with my P3A. If you take a look at the hidden logs it's showing a 'not detected' for one of the updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.