P3A - Intermittent "Max Altitude/Distance Reached" message

Reaction score
Been getting an intermittent "Max Altitude/Distance Reached" message when flying. I've signed onto the site with my app, and have flown successfully many times. However, sometimes I'll get the warning message, and cannot exceed the limits set when not signed onto the app. I've discovered if I close the app (iPad Air2) and relaunch, even while hovering, it reconnects on its own and limits are gone. Doesn't happen everytime, but around 1 of every 3 flights.

Anyone else experiencing this .. or have an idea to make it go away permanently?

So sorry. Should have searched much more. (most threads I'd skimmed seemed to be of folks who didn't follow the directions after the initial firmware update to sign onto the app).

This thread describes my issue to a T:

New iOS app 3.1.15

Reactions: Numone
Been getting an intermittent "Max Altitude/Distance Reached" message when flying. I've signed onto the site with my app, and have flown successfully many times. However, sometimes I'll get the warning message, and cannot exceed the limits set when not signed onto the app. I've discovered if I close the app (iPad Air2) and relaunch, even while hovering, it reconnects on its own and limits are gone. Doesn't happen everytime, but around 1 of every 3 flights.

Anyone else experiencing this .. or have an idea to make it go away permanently?

I just had the same experience...at last firmware update, I could not go past 98 ft in altitude and 150 ft out without getting that message.[ i signed in as instructed] i finally uninstalled my DJI app and re-installed it. problem solved, at least thats what i thought...i flew this weekend, no problems, went for second flight and got the maximums message again.. i can't be uninstalling and downloading everytime i want to use this thing...any suggestions would be great

Vince9951

It appears the solution for now is to close the aap and relaunch the app in between flights, or while hovering, as I described.

I am wondering if could be the motor overheated? The message appear if I take it to a second flight after I switched the battery. I touched the motors and appear to be a little warm. The camera as well is warm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik