P3A flips on auto take off

Reaction score
Hi gang

So who has had an auto take off failure?

I did the usual pre flighs, got the green safe to fly GPS, no calibration warnings (as sometimes happens) . Hit the auto takeoff and the bird lifted about a foot off the ground and flipped and slammed into the gravel rd upside down. By the time I got the bird shut down, it had run along the floor wrecking the props. The bird has a crack diagonally between one of the lower casing motor screws and one of the motors might have some dirt ingested

Unfortunately the bird is a month outside warranty and dji assistance is not an option.

I'm thinking of doing a shell "fix" and blowing out the motors with compressed air

Any thoughts

Here's the crack
IMG_1480164857.423897.jpg

The only time I had that kind of take-off was when I wired one of the motors wrong during replacement. The case swap is an an option, but it's no small undertaking. Watch a youtube video before you dive in on that one. I have had good luck using Plast-Aid for drone repairs:
https://smile.amazon.com/Plast-aid-...UTF8&qid=1480165530&sr=8-1&keywords=plast-aid
I patched a blade guard that broke in half and then tested the joint - It broke elsewhere.

I don't remember when did I try auto take off. It always felt risky to me. Bad surface, wind direction or slow lift might flip the copter.

You got famous shell cracks. Shell could not take the shock and cracked near stressed points.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes the famous crack did arrive , I'm more concerned about the possibility of grit in the motors, replace ? Or , clean with compressed air ?

Blow them out while turning the shafts by hand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers