P3A first impression and a couple of questions

Reaction score
Hi guys, and kudos for a great forum. I've been reading here a while and have gained a lot of knowledge, so I finally had the guts to take my recently acquired P3A for a spin.:D I've been having a couple of flight in some nice, but freezing weather her in Norway, and I'm really loving the P3A! Despite all the negativity around the firmware updates and Geo fence, I wouldn't run the risk of flying without the "Cold weather update" in i the 1.6 firmware. Updated the firmware without any problem, downloaded the latest DJI Go (2.5) and headed out.
- Almost to easy to control, gives you a lot of confidence immediately :)
- Hover very steady, I think (no wind though)
- No problem flying in -15 C / 5 F, but the voltage dropped pretty fast, I guess that's normal in cold weather.
- The auto-land was more soft then I had read/watched, I think.
- No fly away and dropping like a rock. ;)

So two questions, I wasn't able to find any good answers for;
1. Every time a do a CSC to fire up the engine, the DJI Go app throws the following message: RC Signal Lost, Landing. With a green "OK-symbol" in the front. Is this something to be concerned with? The RC signal seems fine and I have been flying nearby(30 m) without any problems. DJI Go-bug or may a re-link be needed?

2. Is there any way to have the map in DJI GO more zoomed in on startup? It always displays the whole of Scandinavia on start, and I feel a spend to much time zooming in on my neighborhood/flying area :confused:

Regards Jsun

Hello and welcome Jsun! As a relatively new owner of a P3 I see such weirdness all the time. I constantly get a GPS to non-GPS indicator, even though the quad is only 20 meters away and obviously has GPS lock with 15+ sats. But please don't take my word for it because I've not seen (or noticed) that particular warning.

I'm with you on the map thing. Would be nice if it defaulted to say 1km zoom. Maybe someone here knows a trick.

I will be in your fair city for the first time in April and visiting much of Norway. Wish I could bring the P3! (but not practical)

Hello and welcome Jsun! As a relatively new owner of a P3 I see such weirdness all the time. I constantly get a GPS to non-GPS indicator, even though the quad is only 20 meters away and obviously has GPS lock with 15+ sats. But please don't take my word for it because I've not seen (or noticed) that particular warning.

I'm with you on the map thing. Would be nice if it defaulted to say 1km zoom. Maybe someone here knows a trick.

I will be in your fair city for the first time in April and visiting much of Norway. Wish I could bring the P3! (but not practical)

Thanks for you feedback. Had another flight today, and didn't notice the message today, weird.

Have a nice trip! The weather in may very a lot, so be prepared for everything ;) The exchange rate USD - NOK is very good in your favor, so Norway is "cheap" at the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20