P3A fell out of the sky

Reaction score
Hi guys I had a phantom 3 advanced and everything seemed fine I had about 100 flights on it or so and no indications that anything was broken or damaged. I went this morning to pololu valley its a large valley here in Hawai'i. I have been using litchi to plot out my flight plans and execute. Today i checked everything and launched it, it went up to 98 feet above where the parking lot is and over into the valley at 32 seconds all I see is the quad just spiraling down into the valley floor which is about 450 ft below. as of yet I have been unable to retrieve said drone because of the terrain and well its jungle I have the log from litchi and I was wondering if any of you could perhaps tell me what you thin might have happened it didn't hit any trees or anything like that as it was well above the tree line. thanks you in advance for any insight its sad as the drone was only a few months old and its already a goner :(

Attachments

• 2016-05-06_06-33-03_v2.csv.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 234
maybe hit a bird

I uploaded your CSV file to a log viewer.
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I don't see anything that stands out immediately. No warning messages for example. Battery seems fine. It switched to ATTI mode at 34.5 seconds and descended from 56 feet to -103 feet in 3 seconds as it switched back and forth from ATTI to GPS. Probably due to the spiraling you noted. Distance from home shows -0- throughout, but that may be something to do with the log viewer. I'm not sure.

I don't know enough to make any deductions from this unless it just hit something or lost a prop.

Last edited:
Did you change to ATTI mode and took it out of your Litchi and you lost control then? You tried to change modes but nothing happened. It fell below your level 113 feet down finally. I see in your logs that it started spinning after it was changed to ATTI mode though speed was maintained. It was seeing many GPS satellites until the end and there was no need to switch to ATTI mode.

There was no problem with the battery though one cell had large deviations.

I may be wrong but my conclusion is that you felt its not safe to continue in Litchi mode and you tried to take it out and didn't switch to P mode, rather moved to A mode and then you panicked and it hit tree.

Last edited:
My guess was thats its related to Litchi flight plans. Just a guess though.
Correct. Litchi calls it F-WP mode.

no the app put it in atti mode when it started to spiral, I didn't make any changes from putting it into f-wp and i didn't touch the sticks either. I didn't see anything in the log myself but I'm not as advanced as a lot of you guys so i thank you for taking the time and looking was thinking perhaps a motor went bad and i can somehow claim it was a defect or something but wishful thinking. I did order a replacement bind and fly so bummer thanks guys for your input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1