P3A fell out of sky... can someone look at data and explain???

Reaction score
was flying to show a friend how it will return Home so battery was low around 32%, so I flew it over about 100 feet high and about 150 feet away when all of a sudden it fell to the ground.... I have the files zipped but it says the files are too large so I may need some help there too posting....

Reactions: afx
Before you go too far in to retrieving logs, I assume that you checked to make sure all the props, or at least the prop hubs were still attached when you retrieved the aircraft? If not, then you know what happened.

it was 75% in the beginning, but then I landed then took back off at 32% to show return home at 30%

You should not take off unless battery is fully charged. Sometimes it causes battery % in app to be inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before you go too far in to retrieving logs, I assume that you checked to make sure all the props, or at least the prop hubs were still attached when you retrieved the aircraft? If not, then you know what happened.

The battery was 32% before takeoff? So under load, flying, it was much less.

Put the TXT file by itself in a folder and zip it. Then upload the zip folder here.

Sorry about your accident, but yet again the dreaded "fell out of the sky" and all because you didn't have your battery fully charged before flying, NEVER fly your phantom with a partially charged battery, always fly with a fully charged battery, there are countless threads about this

Without looking at the flight log the reason will be due to not enough volts.

Doesn't matter how many times we post to never launch without a full charged battery.

So you are saying if I go... say to the lake and want to make a video of a group of houses or people on an island about a mile away from take off, and then need to drive to the houses on the island to record some video looking back the other way and my battery was at 69% right before I landed and shut down, after the first recording, I have to use a fresh battery at the new location?
I have flown a battery down to 60% and packed up to a new location and then flew the same battery down to 25% before finishing up. i have done this numerous times. I thought DJI had a firmware update that fixed the issue of the flight controller confusing battery levels.

Reactions: Karanba
So you are saying if I go... say to the lake and want to make a video of a group of houses or people on an island about a mile away from take off, and then need to drive to the houses on the island to record some video looking back the other way and my battery was at 69% right before I landed and shut down, after the first recording, I have to use a fresh battery at the new location?
No. He's saying you never should have launched in the first place. You should not launch with your battery at 75%. That was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was launching yet again on the same battery.

Both launches were fatal errors. You got lucky on the first flight. Fate prevailed on the second flight.

Next time, be sure to have a fully charged battery. If you want to make multiple flights, carry multiple fully charged batteries with you.

Sorry for your loss.

Without looking at the flight log the reason will be due to not enough volts.

Doesn't matter how many times we post to never launch without a full charged battery.
I guess that means that not everyone on the internet has read your posts.

There's too much victim blaming on this board. How would a new DJI customer know that their batteries need to be fully charged? Is there some kind of warning before you buy one? Is it on the box? No, well then DJI should replace it, fully charged before flight or not.

I've also never seen anything but anecdotal evidence that this is true. I know frank will come say, "Every time I see a post about a bird falling from the sky, they took off with less than 100% battery." Well, duh, most people take off and land multiple times per session. Odds are that most failures will hit people who have taken off with less than 100%.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj