P3A crashed :( need some help

Reaction score
Ok I give in… I need your help guys!!

Im not a complete newbie but have only been flying for about 7-8 months

Before you ask, Ive trolled through countless amounts of videos both on here and youtube etc and tried many different things but my poor Phantom is still broken.

Believe it or not a bird flew into my drone – my fault, flew too close to a tree when I was taking pictures of a house.

It slammed into the ground, took off again and landed about 20 metres away. Camera flew off and all 3 parts of the gimbal went in different directions.

All of the broken parts replaced and put back on (including the legs). Now The camera goes crazy side to side and wont settle and I get the error message (gimbal overloaded)

I DO have a working camera feed (if that makes any difference)
I am using the DJI app on an ipad.

Things I’ve tried;
Re calibrate IMU
Re calibrate gimbal (both once its warmed up and while its still warming up)
detach and reattach crash bungs
bit the bullet and upgraded the firmware in case that was the problem (no change)

All lights are now red (I think) due to the IMU re calibration now needed again as the camera wouldn’t stop moving so it failed.

Any ideas people?!
Any help is very much appreciated!!!

Cant see your video but I'm guessing it's like a possessed camera gimbal.
It's a simple release the screw where the camera is attached to and rotate the shaft 180 degrees and screw it back and u should be good to go it happens many people get it wrong the first shot

Yes, search around here. I saw a video one time about the camera doing exactly the same as yours. He opened up the back portion of the gimbal arm where the camera is attached to, located a dial/screw that levels the camera and solved the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

BAILEY5 i could reach through my screen and do many things to you!!

Thank you, you solved my issue!! :):):)

Lol glad it worked out. Any help I can assist I would. Enjoy and fly safe and responsibly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj