P3A crash but still works great, how it affects future warranty?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question, I crashed about 10 feet from a low power line into asphalt. I guess with the softer asphalt, my P3A got scratched up pretty bad where it landed, the battery popped out, and one part of the body (where the top joins with the bottom) has an extremely small bulge which can only be seen if you really look for it. I used several fine grade sandpaper to get rid of most of the ugly black scratches and scuffs. I tested it and it flies just as it did brand new. I was very lucky.

Now, do you guys know how this would affect any future warranty issues? I'm guessing DJI would be able to see the flight logs which could show when it crashed and the successful future flights. But I don't know if they would blame the crash as a cause for something no longer working and not honor the warranty.

p.s. I crashed because I was using waypoints and I did see the wire and flew above it for the next waypoint but did not compensate enough for the interpolation between waypoints. I was using manual speed and I saw my P3A get close to the wire and I STUPIDLY inched closer and bam!

Hopefully you never need to try to use the warrenty

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I sure hope not either. I did have to send it in from the get-go because I was one of those who couldn't activate. So they did do a full inspection of it before they sent it back to me. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If I do have to send it in, I'm sure I may have some explaining to do. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers