P3A - Camera Shake???

Reaction score
I purchased a used P3A on Ebay last week. Today, I flew it for the 1st time and took some basic video. When I got home to view it, I was shocked by what seems to be micro camera shake. I checked all the rubber boots and didn't find any loose screws in the gimbal, though I did not remove the camera. Any thoughts?? Video Link to you tube is:
video can be found at

Last edited:
Maybe the little piece of shipping foam is still inserted above the gimbal?

Reactions: JoBe
no, there is no foam.

Foam, I believe there are 2 different ones
no, there is no foam.

If i remember right, there are 2 pieces of foam. 1 big and another 1 that is small and tucked at the back...such as the one in the picture that i attached. I've been flying it for a week until someone in the forum suggested i check.

Could this be similar to your problem now?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
What firmware are you on?? There is a known firmware that caused jello.
Hover the phantom and look at the camera, If the camera is oscillating and vibrating then the gains are messing up the harmonics in the motors.
If you grab the legs while its hovering, you may see the camera stop shaking. Your body is now dampening the vibrations and the jello should go away.

To fix -
hold on to the phantom while its flying or
get a new firmware.

If that all fails, change the GAIN settings. This can be found in the GO app > MC settings > Advanced Settings > Gains.
You should drop the VERTICAL to 70 and increase by 10 on each to test to see if it minimises the oscillations.
Just remember, changing the gains will slightly change the birds reactions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj