P3A best 3rd party apps

J&L

Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for advice on 3rd party apps to use on my iPhone and iPad. Mainly interested in preprogramming my waypoint missions. Follow me would be cool and something that could record my screen? camera control if possible. Thanks for any help

You can find a list of commonly used DJI GO alternatives here.

Reactions: omarkatwe
Hello all. Looking for advice on 3rd party apps to use on my iPhone and iPad. Mainly interested in preprogramming my waypoint missions. Follow me would be cool and something that could record my screen? camera control if possible. Thanks for any help

I think I own most of the apps out there.

I have to say FPVcamera/waypoint is my favorite for waypoint missions.
Its not only feature rich but very easy and straight forward to use.
It has been rock solid and bug free for me and I've flown dozens of missions with it.

My last purchase was Litchi and I find it buggy and harder to use, at least the ios version, it needs more work.
Airnest is nice for its ultra simplicity in its use but lacks most features.
Autopilot is a very sophisticated waypoint app with lots of features but has a bit of a learning curve and is more than I needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVFlyer
I have and use Airnest but it is limited and it doesn't log your flights. I have been thinking about getting Autopilot because it will do so much more. In the previous post, that person said that "FPVcamera/waypoint" is a favorite, is that a stand alone program, because I cannot find anything on it, or was it just the "good stuff" in one of the programs. Does Autopilot log your flights like DJI GO?
Thanks in advance.

Here is the link to FPV.
It is an iOS only app however.

Home

My last purchase was Litchi and I find it buggy and harder to use, at least the ios version, it needs more work
Buggy as in using the GUI or actual flights using it?

Buggy as in using the GUI or actual flights using it?

This is the iOS version

I find it harder to use because you have to jump around between screens for all the settings
when making a way point course.

I find it buggy in that on a mission, and I have tried many, that the camera movement is jerky
and sometimes unpredictable.

But most of all it keeps shutting the video record off and then back on throughout the course at
random places and I have none of this set up to do so.

I have lost much video footage and even corrupted video files with Litchi.

I have experienced none of this with the other way point app programs.

This has been my own experience with it.

Huh, interesting. Is your phantom and controller firmware up to date? Litchi says you need ios 9.1 at least. You have that? Its just I hadn't heard of that many problems with litchi.

Huh, interesting. Is your phantom and controller firmware up to date? Litchi says you need ios 9.1 at least. You have that? Its just I hadn't heard of that many problems with litchi.

Ya Phantom has all the latest upgrades as does my iPad mini 2 tablet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20