P3A Battery Under 100%

Reaction score
Quick question: I know you aren't supposed to fly if you aren't at 100% but are we more so talking if it's say 60%? What I'm getting at is I tend to charge my batteries after use and it might be a week or so before I fly again. As such, my battery's are 95% +/- a couple %. I think it should be fine as you can't charge them anyways beyond where they are but was just thinking with the amount of people saying don't fly below 100%.

I recommend the safer route of topping off your batteries the evening before you intend to fly. This way you have full power available for longer flights without the risk of falling short or a battery shutdown.

Reactions: stulpin300m
do not charge your batteries to 100% if you aren't using them in the next 24 hours. charge it to 70%, then charge it to 100% when you are planning on flying in the next 24 hours to avoid damage to the battery

Last edited:
Reactions: garykeithmead1
do not charge your batteries to 100% if you aren't using them in the next 24 hours. that is why it charges to 95%. because you have damaged your battery by doing this. charge it to 70%, then charge it to 100% when you are planning on flying in the next 24 hours to avoid damage to the battery
Not convinced by your answer. Are you not jumping to a conclusion too fast?

I always charge to 100% on the previous night before flying.

It doesn't charge to 100% because it's at 95%, not because it's damaged. I try to top them off but they won't charge as the smart charger deems them full. Same as pretty much every laptop that I have used. Going forward, I'll probably buy one of those 3-1 chargers so I can charge all 4 the night before but I still want to go out and use what I have.

Not convinced by your answer. Are you not jumping to a conclusion too fast?

I always charge to 100% on the previous night before flying.
no. if he has done this often then it has damaged his battery. when you charge a lipo to 100% and leave it for more than 24-72 hours it WILL damage it. it may be small and maybe even unnoticeable but if you do it multiple times you will see a difference

It doesn't charge to 100% because it's at 95%, not because it's damaged. I try to top them off but they won't charge as the smart charger deems them full. Same as pretty much every laptop that I have used. Going forward, I'll probably buy one of those 3-1 chargers so I can charge all 4 the night before but I still want to go out and use what I have.
Turn the battery on and then connect to charger. Charging to 100% will start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.