P3A - Back To Firmware 1.3.2 So Far Issues Fixed

Reaction score
One flight so far. Went back from the latest P3 Craft firmware to the previous version 1.3.2.

No more FPV lag not even when turning around the craft, doing a 360 at distance.

No more multiple random iPad Air 2 reboots.

All signals are solid.

I will fly the remaining 3 batteries and report back but I believe the latest firmware (1.4.2x) has issues.

This is a night and day difference. My P3 is actually usable again like it was previously on firmware 1.3.2.

Interesting tidbit. The intelligent modes still show in the GO App after you revert back to 1.3.2. The F-Mode switch works and brings them up. Each mode allows you to proceed to configure them but when you hit Apply the GO App merely answers with an error (function not found or enabled).

Reactions: Oso
I thought this was a p3p form? You would do better in the p3a form for any questions. Do not want to come across as a jerk but after spending hours looking for a answer in the p3p form and thousands of help it just takes some time for ever to get the right answer from someone that knows your answer. Now if we have all phantom flyers in the same group just imagine how long it would take to get the good answer you want. And I know we all want the answers quickly so we can get our Bird back up in the air. Good luck happy flying

Yes you are right this is discussion P3P and P3A forum also have the help forum discussion group

I thought this was a p3p form? You would do better in the p3a form for any questions. Do not want to come across as a jerk but after spending hours looking for a answer in the p3p form and thousands of help it just takes some time for ever to get the right answer from someone that knows your answer. Now if we have all phantom flyers in the same group just imagine how long it would take to get the good answer you want. And I know we all want the answers quickly so we can get our Bird back up in the air. Good luck happy flying
You're joking I assume?

I have a P3A and P3P. This is with my P3A.

Does the P3S have firmware versions 1.4.2x and 1.3.2?

Anyway flight #3 done.

4.02 miles (21,225ft) out and 4.02 miles back. Hair raising experience. Landed with 10% battery left. I am using a DBS Itelite Antenna non-boosted. RC signal blipped maybe 3 times but only for a fraction of a second. I adjusted the antenna angle down a bit. FPV video was rock solid the whole way out and back. Max height was 394ft.

Not sure I want to try that distance again any time soon. 4 miles and not much more seems to be the stock battery limit. I was cruising against the wind at 24mph going out and 40mph with the wind on the way back. I turned around at 46% battery left.

Reactions: Oso
Grrr.. I must have missed your other posts. I just updated firmware and getting ready to do a imu calibration. I fly with a air 2 as well. Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Grrr.. I must have missed your other posts. I just updated firmware and getting ready to do a imu calibration. I fly with a air 2 as well. Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

It's not happening to everyone. I'd take it easy the first couple batteries though. Look for real bad FPV video lag and obviously the iPad Air 2 random reboots.

Reactions: Milehigh970
Did you have issues right out of the gate?

Yes. Right away. I had a few flights before the firmware upgrades with my new DBS Itelite Antenna so I was fairly certain it wasn't that but I wasn't going to rule it out. I took another stock controller with me this afternoon just in case and another lightening cable.

But none of that was needed. Last night I downgraded the firmware and this morning I did a cold IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration. At the field this afternoon I did the compass calibration.

I ran all four batteries and never lost FPV and the iPad Air 2 never rebooted.

Well... just got done with my first battery after the update. Air 2 seemed smooth as silk just like it always has. Hope that means I'm good. Sucks your having issues though.. hope you get it figured out!

Is it pretty simple going back to earlier firmware? If I go to 1.3.2 I don't need to mess with the remote or app right? How about the battery updates?

Is it pretty simple going back to earlier firmware? If I go to 1.3.2 I don't need to mess with the remote or app right? How about the battery updates?

Yes, there wasn't an update to the controller for the latest firmware. Just put 1.3.2 on the SD card and flash back to 1.3.2 like a normal firmware update. The GO App works fine with either version it can stay updated to the latest. Just make sure you allow the 1.3.2 update to 100% complete like you normally would for a firmware update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20