P3A Auto Landing

Reaction score
Hey, have had my P3A for about two weeks now and I've noticed that when I auto land via the Go App and while VPS activated, the AC lands pretty hard, compared to my P3S which landed nice and soft.
Any ideas?

A lot of people have noted this difference here. The only workaround is to manually land.

Reactions: HarleyKen
Hey, have had my P3A for about two weeks now and I've noticed that when I auto land via the Go App and while VPS activated, the AC lands pretty hard, compared to my P3S which landed nice and soft.
Any ideas?
As noted, the P3A and the P3P have both been reported numerous times to auto-land harder than does the P3S.
The P3A/P used to auto land very softly, but it changed with a FW update a couple of years ago and they sadly never went back to their original smooth landings ever since.

Most posts in each thread on this topic will tell you to hand catch, or manually land, etc. I agree of course, though I am still disappointed that the soft landing ability was lost.

Here are a couple of related threads of the many out there:
P3P is landing hard | DJI Phantom Forum

NEW P3 Pro Hard Auto Landings Compared to Standard P3. How to adjust? | DJI Phantom Forum

P3A lands harder than P3S | DJI Phantom Forum

Phantom 3 Advanced RTH landing vs Standard | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: HarleyKen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4