P3A and Lightbridge

Reaction score
I've been searching the archives and find a lot of previous Q&A but can't seem to find the right answer. I've had my P3A for about a month after losing my P2V. Is it necessary to buy additional equipment to take advantage of Lightbridge? I'm drone broke right now and can't afford much more outlay. I hear of video feedback from as much as three miles out but my video on my LG 8.3 tablet gets really bad at about 1/2 mile. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Is it necessary to buy additional equipment to take advantage of Lightbridge?
No. It all comes installed.

Check that you're aiming your antennas properly. It's easy to lose the signal when the flat side is not pointing at your Phantom. Keep in mind that you'll need to constantly adjust as you're flying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No. It all comes installed.

Check that you're aiming your antennas properly. It's easy to lose the signal when the flat side is not pointing at your Phantom. Keep in mind that you'll need to constantly adjust as you're flying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very informative. I was flying over a residential area yesterday at about 200 ft. Most homes probably had wifi. I also might have had the wifi turned on on my phone and the tablet. Just to be sure, I will need wifi ON with the tablet I'm using as monitor for FPV? I'll be sure to check that and the antennae positioning next time out. Unfortunately we'll probably have rain all day today. :( In a rural area (farmland) what's a reasonable distance to expect a good video signal to my tablet from the P3A?

The P3A does not use Wi-Fi. Try flying with airplane mode turned on.

Lightbridge operates on the 2.4ghz frequency which is the same as wifi. So wifi can cause interference with the signal. This is different than using wifi.

Well that certainly explains it. o_O:):). I'll just follow your advice and not worry about the technical details. Kind of like an instructor when I was studying electronics and asked why a transistor turns on and off when applying a signal to the base. He said not to worry about"why" just know that it does. That's good enough for me. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.