P3A 4K Camera Upgrade!!

12# does anyone have any idea if the 4k camera from a P3 professional is a direct fit into a P3 Ad

• Upgrade your vision+ camera to 4K setup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Camera upgrade required

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
12#
does anyone have any idea if the 4k camera from a P3P is a direct fit into a P3A? do i need additional hardware or programing to be able to get it to work? friend of mines Puppy chewed through his P3 professional and only thing that survived was the 4K camera and i was thinking of asking him to give it to me.

According to @blade strike and/or @Tahoe Ed a few weeks ago, the cameras are interchangeable and you'd then be required to use the respective firmware to match the camera type. I assume this is still the case.

Any idea on what exactly is needed or what firmware is required? trying to grab it from my friend before he chucks it out so i wanna make sure just in case he asks for any type of payment for it. dont want to purchase it and it becomes a hasle to go about upgrading to the 4K, and thank you for the response back sorta new at this and was just curious on going in the right direction.

Based on my limited understanding, it should just be as simple as switching one for the other, then loading he firmware for the pro onto your advance. Get confirmation before trying, since this is all purely speculation on my part based on what I've read in the past.

Reactions: blade strike
According to @blade strike and/or @Tahoe Ed a few weeks ago, the cameras are interchangeable and you'd then be required to use the respective firmware to match the camera type. I assume this is still the case.

Correct, its in the official FAQ.

Install camera and load the pro firmware. You now have a pro.

Correct, its in the official FAQ.

Install camera and load the pro firmware. You now have a pro.

great news only other question is only the lens and casing survived the not the actual elbo to top of the gimble so if i attach that with the elbo and gimble of my P3A and do the upgrade firmware of the P3P it should be able to work like i actually have a Pro?

Attachments

• P3P 4k.JPG
    P3P 4k.JPG
    1.1 KB · Views: 320
great news only other question is only the lens and casing survived the not the actual elbo to top of the gimble so if i attach that with the elbo and gimble of my P3A and do the upgrade firmware of the P3P it should be able to work like i actually have a Pro?
Won't work.. The main processor is in the top of the camera / gimbal. The advanced is actually missing a key chip and fan.

Reactions: Agua Kente ta Kema
I updated my P3A to P3P by just replacing existing Cam/ Gimbal with 4K Cam/Gimbal. It worked like a charm. I tried to update P3P FW but it quickly finished. Text on SD card says FW version is the same.

DJI Go App showed no FW for Aircraft and RC for sometime. I rebooted both and I started seeing FW then. RC connects to Professional automatically. DJI Go App shows 4K options.

I changed Silver stickers to Gold for it to work properly :) and professionally.

I am getting maximum transmission rate as 6Mbps on DJI Go App v 2.7.0. Any one got 10?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic