P3A - 3.5km with 3/4 signal left

Reaction score
Rave warning !!!! (no..not rant for once :) )

Wow !!!! Just WOW !!!! These are NOT the RC toys I grew up with. My son and I took our new P3A out to my buddy's place out on the rolling prairie/foot hills today (the sticks). I had the P3S before and had to return it....deaf as a post...would lose signal in as little as 30 ft, and the furthest I ever got it was 1200 ft. I decided to upgrade to the advanced rather than just try another standard. A+++++ move on my part.

We got up on a small rise and decided to see what it could do for distance. I made it out 3.5km before I chickened out and headed it back. I had just dropped from 4 bars of signal strength (full) to 3 bars around the 3km mark and it never went below that. The video never flickered, and the bird was behaving exactly the same as it had when I was flying it 50 ft in front of me. This is with ZERO antenna modifications or reflectors....bone stock.

I am SOOOOO impressed with this thing ! Ok....rave over. :)

Awesome. I've only gotten out to 600m yet before chickening out. Haven't got to really test it yet, when I get the time it's too windy, when I don't have the time it's perfect weather.

Its pretty amazing that they can feed control, telemetry and HD video over a 2.4ghz 100mw link and still get that kind of distance.

When I was initially considering buy the P3P, I also considered the 3DR Solo but ruled it out because the 3dr radio suuuuuucks.

Rave warning !!!! (no..not rant for once :) )

Wow !!!! Just WOW !!!! These are NOT the RC toys I grew up with. My son and I took our new P3A out to my buddy's place out on the rolling prairie/foot hills today (the sticks). I had the P3S before and had to return it....deaf as a post...would lose signal in as little as 30 ft, and the furthest I ever got it was 1200 ft. I decided to upgrade to the advanced rather than just try another standard. A+++++ move on my part.

We got up on a small rise and decided to see what it could do for distance. I made it out 3.5km before I chickened out and headed it back. I had just dropped from 4 bars of signal strength (full) to 3 bars around the 3km mark and it never went below that. The video never flickered, and the bird was behaving exactly the same as it had when I was flying it 50 ft in front of me. This is with ZERO antenna modifications or reflectors....bone stock.

I am SOOOOO impressed with this thing ! Ok....rave over. :)
Amazing cannot wait to receive mine this week.
Ordered both Standard and Advanced.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445189392.004449.jpg

Reactions: blacksmithden
Agreed. Amazing piece of technology, just amazed and constantly think and wonder about what will be available in just a few years. My personal best so far is 2.5 miles out, full signal, could have went further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1