P3A “RC Lost signal”

DCB

Reaction score
Ok, just powered up drone. It said needed RC and aircraft update but I haven’t updated in a long time and it always flies flawless. I took off about an hour ago and flew a great long flight with no issues. Landed and about 10 minutes ago decided to fly again. Message came up again saying I needed to update RC and aircraft. I figured since I can update RC with app I went ahead and updated RC through app. Update was successful.

App wouldn’t link to Aircraft so performed relinking procedures and it said successful.

Now app shows “RC signal lost” and I can’t get it to connect. I have video feed on the app but I cannot receive RC signal. No issues ever with any of the equipment and I just flew it within the hour with no issues. As I said all I did was update RC. I did not update aircraft since I’m not near a computer.

Seems that the RC update now won’t allow me to receive RC signal.

I’m now at a lost. Please advise.

Thank you!

Ok, just powered up drone. It said needed RC and aircraft update but I haven’t updated in a long time and it always flies flawless. I took off about an hour ago and flew a great long flight with no issues. Landed and about 10 minutes ago decided to fly again. Message came up again saying I needed to update RC and aircraft. I figured since I can update RC with app I went ahead and updated RC through app. Update was successful.

App wouldn’t link to Aircraft so performed relinking procedures and it said successful.

Now app shows “RC signal lost” and I can’t get it to connect. I have video feed on the app but I cannot receive RC signal. No issues ever with any of the equipment and I just flew it within the hour with no issues. As I said all I did was update RC. I did not update aircraft since I’m not near a computer.

Seems that the RC update now won’t allow me to receive RC signal.

I’m now at a lost. Please advise.

Thank you!
What will help is if you tell us what versions you had before when everything was fine and what you have now that you made changes. You said you havent updated in a long time, but we need specifics. Now that you've updated your RC, have you created a mismatched encryption for example. That would be true if your AC is 1.7 or lower since you've said you didnt update your AC yet.

Are you aware of the significant initial restrictions of the latest FW versions and still choose to use them? If so, you likely need to update your AC also when you are near a computer.

If you like that your kit was working perfectly, maybe you'd prefer to downgrade your RC back to what it was earlier today when all was fine.

Start with telling us what versions you had this morning and also now that you've updated. Please also include the app version.

My previous versions were:
App: 3.1.15
RC: 1.3.20
A/C: 1.4.10

Current:
App: 3.1.15
RC: 1.9.2
A/C: 1.4.10

As I said I only updated RC.

I did not know there were issues with the new versions currently out. I have been out of country for quite awhile and just returned last week. I flew today to catch up a bit and when I went to fly again it popped up saying my RC and A/C needed updated. I went against my better judgement and just upgraded the RC since it was through the app.

If it is a mismatch I would rather roll back the RC to my previous version.

Can someone direct me to directions to do that. I’ve never updated RC (until today) or AC so I have never done the roll back procedures.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, I downgraded my RC software to 1.5.80 and I can now fly the drone again.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie