P34k won't always connect to remote & more oddities

Reaction score
Both myself and a flying buddy have had issues with the opening screen when trying to fly our P3-4k's. the device screen will alternate between the Inspire and the P3-4k. All other apps have been forced off and WiFi shows a connection. If I tap the "Camera" button at the right instant and it goes to the Go app control screen it shows "aircraft disconnected."

Another new issue:
Today after he crashed I started setting up. My AC & RC were on. He wanted to see if any damage had been done to his AC. When he hit auto take-off my AC took off. I was able to land it using my AC.

Anyone have some ideas on what's going on? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

It seems there is no longer any support page for the P3-4k on the DJI website that I can find.

tia,
td

Ive had the first issue when flying with my nephew what we found was when both drones were powered up and the app running we were both connection to my drone through WIFI I use the P34k and he has the P3S so what we did is shut his whole system down I looked in the wifi and saw only my drone wrote down the drone numbers gave it to him and told him open his wifi and forget that connection then I shut down he powered up and I forgot his connection now when we fly together we connect to the right drone and no more issues. the second issue can also be solved by this forgetting of each others drones in wifi

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Ive had the first issue when flying with my nephew what we found was when both drones were powered up and the app running we were both connection to my drone through WIFI I use the P34k and he has the P3S so what we did is shut his whole system down I looked in the wifi and saw only my drone wrote down the drone numbers gave it to him and told him open his wifi and forget that connection then I shut down he powered up and I forgot his connection now when we fly together we connect to the right drone and no more issues. the second issue can also be solved by this forgetting of each others drones in wifi

Thanks. The alternating between Inspire and P3-4k happens when no other drone is on. At one time I thought it was because Go 4 was starting on its own and interfering with Go. I have forced stop all drone related apps but the issue continues to occur intermittently.
You may be right about the WiFi. He was about a hundred feet away but I suppose if he turned on his tablet before his RC it may have locked on to my RC with out his knowing it.

td

Reactions: epicdoom
when I'm in the process of getting connected to the app I see the inspire on the screen my guess is that's just the first one listed so it stays there till it finds the drone you have then sometimes my display will pop up the p34k then go back to the inspire for a second and then back to the p34k a second or two after that I get the Blue connect tab, but I never have it switch once It goes from grey tab to blue tab. My though as to why this happens is because the Inspire and the P34k use the same RC

Thanks. The alternating between Inspire and P3-4k happens when no other drone is on. At one time I thought it was because Go 4 was starting on its own and interfering with Go. I have forced stop all drone related apps but the issue continues to occur intermittently.
You may be right about the WiFi. He was about a hundred feet away but I suppose if he turned on his tablet before his RC it may have locked on to my RC with out his knowing it.

td
Make sure if your using a tablet to fly, that your phone wifi is turned off or on airplane mode. Assuming the phone has been connected to the wifi drone at some time, it will remember the drone wifi, and connect to it while your finalizing the connection to your tablet. I found out the hard way, as I was getting weak signal, and errant in flight telemetry. I started getting voice prompts from my pocket where my phone was instead of the tablet. I looked and found the drone's wifi was connected to the phone and tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues