P3 vs 3dr solo

Reaction score
Anyone have opinions on this? Can't decide. Or even another drone under 500 I should consider?

I have both Phantom 3 Advanced and Solo. With Solo you will need to buy a Go Pro. With the Phantom the camera is already included and IMO a better camera.

Anyone have opinions on this? Can't decide. Or even another drone under 500 I should consider?
Solo was never a competitive drone (particularly against any Lightbridge Phantom like the P3 Advanced or Pro).
Even the Standard outperforms it in many ways.
GPS was always a big issue with the Solo that DJI has no problem with.
The Solo is an obsolete, discontinued product.
Reading this might give you some ideas: Behind The Crash Of 3D Robotics, North America's Most Promising Drone Company

Can u name the ways? Sorry just trying to get details
Any DJI drone will be ready to fly just a few seconds after powering up.
Solo users often wait multiple minutes to get a GPS fix
The Solo will only use a GoPro with its fisheye lens and you do not have full control of the camera to change settings in flight.
The DJI drone allows full camera control from the ground.

Any DJI drone will be ready to fly just a few seconds after powering up.
Solo users often wait multiple minutes to get a GPS fix
The Solo will only use a GoPro with its fisheye lens and you do not have full control of the camera to change settings in flight.
The DJI drone allows full camera control from the ground.
What version of the P3 do you recommend? Link?

What version of the P3 do you recommend? Link?
It depends on your budget and what kind of use you want to make of it.
The models that use Lightbridge are all great.
The P3 Standard uses wifi which is older tech and less capable but is still ok if you are on a tight budget.
The P4 pro is more expensive but is the best ready-to-fly drone available if you are serious about photography.
At the other end of the scale, the older P3 Advanced and Pro offer very good performance for a lower price than the latest models.

It depends on your budget and what kind of use you want to make of it.
The models that use Lightbridge are all great.
The P3 Standard uses wifi which is older tech and less capable but is still ok if you are on a tight budget.
The P4 pro is more expensive but is the best ready-to-fly drone available if you are serious about photography.
At the other end of the scale, the older P3 Advanced and Pro offer very good performance for a lower price than the latest models.
I am on an 500 dollar budget I was thinking the standard or the solo. still can't decide. Thanks for the help[emoji3]

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic