P3 Video Transfer Process

Reaction score
I have questions that need answers, please. I am a recent owner of the P3A. I have about 20 flights under my belt and I am very interested in transferring, editing and uploading video.
Before the discussion, please be aware of the equipment I am using: P3A drone, iPhone Plus, MacBook Pro.

• When using the DJI Go app, I can do quick edits and upload to Skypixel. I am not certain this is the best use but I have the following concerns:
    • What is the quickest way to get "HD" edited video up to Skypixel? I have the low definition on my iPhone but it is "lacking" when viewing from the website. I need the HD version.
    • Is there a better option (not too expensive) for editing these videos? My footage is usually 4-7 minutes long but I want to edit them down to about 2-3 minutes.
    • Am I supposed to transfer by pulling the microSD card out, insert into laptop, transfer back to the phone for edit in Skypixel?
    • Am I supposed to leave all the equipment on (controller, drone, phone) to do a wireless transfer of HD video from the micro SD to the phone?
    • Is Skypixel capable of accepting my edited movies if they are greater than 30 seconds?
    • What is your opinion of recording at 1080 vs 2700?
    • Why does the video transfer at low quality automatically to my iPhone but leaves the still shots only on the microSD card?
Thanks in advance if you have some quick simple steps to avoid this cumbersome process.

I am using the same equipment P3A + iPhone + Mac.

I pulling data from SD Card to Mac. To prepare and edit my movie I am using iMovie which I found very easy and almost complete for all I need.

There is no problem to save video you prepare in SW like iMovie directly from Mac to Skypixel.

I was playing a little bit with DJI GO apps to prepare a video, but I was not satisfied with result too much.

The video in iPhone is just cashed there and therefore low quality only.

Kpitti...So to clarify, you use iMovie and upload the video you produce to Skypixel?

Does Skypixel allow for video in excess of 30 seconds? Do you overlay music/sound?

When you pull video from the microSD, are you pulling the microSD out, putting into an adapter then inserting into the mac, use the cable from the gimbal to mac, or using a wireless connection? I am trying to be quick and efficient and I am finding the process cumbersome.

Brian1259... Yes, I am using iMovie. I create movie in average of few minutes. I overlay music.
When I want to share my movie, then I share it on Vimeo. You can easily link video from Vimeo on Skypixel too.

You can see my video on Skypixel under my name "kpitti" there. I just play a little bit there to see options. The shorter videos are uploaded directly with DJI GO app, the third one (2 minutes) is from Vimeo created with iMovie.

To download files from uSD card I usually remove the card from slot in Gimbal and put card to my USB Card reader. You can use adapter if you do not have uSD slot available. This is fast and quick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20