P3 Tx USB output question

Reaction score
I am presuming the TX USB socket outputs 5v just like any other usb socket would if so is it possible to put a splitter on the output to power something else at 5v?

how much power drain on the tx would this cause any ideas anyone?

would there be any interference caused to the feed from the tx to the tablet?

Yes - in theory you could add some sort of splitter to power a secondary device.

"How much power drain on the tx would this cause?" is a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string?". I'm not sure what the maximum amperage output from the RC is but it's pretty minimal - I would guess 500mA. You wouldn't be able to power much else. What were you planning on powering?

Interference shouldn't be an issue, unless you're powering a DC motor or something. Again, depends on what you hope to power.

I am trying to work out where i can split and draw 5v from either tablet or tx and which would be the more sustainable power source i was figuring from the tx but not sure if this will cause any issues, say to power a fan behind the tablet

This what im looking to draw maybe x2 if i need to

Voltage: 5V
Current: 0.26A
Input Power: 1.3W

I would not attempt to power anything from the tablet itself - not even sure if that would work.

As for powering a fan, I would recommend using a separate power supply. You definitely don't want to risk damage to your controller from back EMF from the fan, and you'd be able to draw a lot more power.

That was my 3rd option Trumple was trying to stay away from that option if possible but might not have any choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj