P3 Startup failure after 1st flight

Reaction score
First flight, Auto takeoff and Auto Land, only a few seconds of flight. Upon landing, the aircraft tipped and flipped upside down. and spun for a few seconds on the ground. Upon tip/crash 1 prop came off, no other visible damage.

I put on new props and charged everything back up, however when putting the battery in the aircraft will not turn on. The battery just shuts off. I contacted DJI, they recommended sending the battery into them. I bought another battery at Best Buy and tested, with the same result, making me think there is an issue with the aircraft itself, not the battery.

Any suggestions, I have DJI care and if cannot get flying today, I plan on requesting a repair tomorrow.

First flight, Auto takeoff and Auto Land, only a few seconds of flight. Upon landing, the aircraft tipped and flipped upside down. and spun for a few seconds on the ground. Upon tip/crash 1 prop came off, no other visible damage.

I put on new props and charged everything back up, however when putting the battery in the aircraft will not turn on. The battery just shuts off. I contacted DJI, they recommended sending the battery into them. I bought another battery at Best Buy and tested, with the same result, making me think there is an issue with the aircraft itself, not the battery.

Any suggestions, I have DJI care and if cannot get flying today, I plan on requesting a repair tomorrow.
HI you did shut down correct ay ,,(left stick down) I just say because I mistakenly used both sticks for shut down (to many drones with different methods of shut down) and flipped me drone,,all motors still turn freely ,by hand,,small crash it should be OK,,unless it spun for a while upside down which could have damaged a motor

HI you did shut down correct ay ,,(left stick down) I just say because I mistakenly used both sticks for shut down (to many drones with different methods of shut down) and flipped me drone,,all motors still turn freely ,by hand,,small crash it should be OK

No, I learned that right after.

No, I learned that right after.
OK I just have quick read up to see what possible damage were all blades spinning on ground,,not to good if one not spinning and others are,,can burn motor or internal part out

OK I just have quick read up to see what possible damage were all blades spinning on ground,,not to good if one not spinning and others are,,can burn motor or internal part out
HI been trying to find something on this but all say maybe couple blades or worse case it's done a motor in ,,maybe why batt not coming on,,takes 2 press on batterie to come on,,,,like you say you tried another batterie and got same result,,that's not good,,I don't want to say but just might have to see dji,,sorry I say that,,,:(,,I will keep searching for proper answer,,,just another thing when autolanding you don't have to touch nothing it will shut down itself when lands,did you move sticks after it landed would cause it to flip...

Last edited by a moderator:
@willowpointe

Welcome to the Forum!

At crash time was the Phantom still powered on, or did you power it off?

Can you turn on the battery when its not in the Phantom?
The battery will come on and stay on, until you shut the battery off.

Since your new to the forum, maybe your just freaking out trying to start the Phantom again. :eek:

Rod

Hi Rod,

It was on for a few seconds with everything on. The battery does turn on outside of the Phantom, however when inserted into the Phantom it shuts off. I am convinced I have a motor burned out, hopefully that's all. Sending into DJI this afternoon, they will receive it Thursday, I will post an update on the results.

A bad motor shouldn't prevent the battery from staying on. Perhaps not start up the motors sure but the rest of the AC should start. A shorted out ESC might do it, though that would be rare it would prevent power on.

Since your going to send it off,

Turn on the battery so it stays on like a minute (so you know the battery is on)

Then insert the battery into the Phantom with the battery on, I did this by mistake the other day. :rolleyes:

I pushed the battery in and phantom turned on. :eek:

Rod

This was the DJI care quote I received today. It seems excessive. Thoughtsm Mind you, this aircraft only had 16 secs of flight time, tipped over upon auto landing and rotors all spun while inverted for a few seconds. Glad I got the DJI care at least, didnt realize I would exhaust 67% of my $500 coverage. WOW

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170509-083749.png
    Screenshot_20170509-083749.png
    313.6 KB · Views: 279
I wonder if you really needed all that. Might also want to look into why it flipped on landing if the landing site was level and no excessive wind, unless you did a CSC to shut down the motors. Motion to perform CSC can be interpreted literally and cause a flip. If however you shut down with the app or left stick down only, then it shouldn't flip.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31