P3 Standard WiFi and/or GO app issues with Nvidia Shield K1?

Reaction score
I have had my P3 standard for a couple weeks now but have not been able to make a maiden flight due to very cold weather. I have been practicing with the simulator and the controls within the app. I recently picked up a Nvidia Shield K1 to use instead of my cell phone. It seems that after the update to DJI GO app v2.5.1 I am having issues with the WiFi staying connected to the P3 and the Go app acts up. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the new GO app version on this tablet or if maybe the issue is because I am in my house and there is too much interference for the WiFi, or if the K1 tablet is trying to connect to other WiFi sources since the P3 WiFi does not have an internet connection. Like I said I guess I don't really know if the issue is with the P3, the tablet, or the GO app. It is starting to warm up a little here so I would really like to get my maiden flight soon, but I am a bit apprehensive right now since the connection with the GO app seems so erratic. Any thoughts?

I have had my P3 standard for a couple weeks now but have not been able to make a maiden flight due to very cold weather. I have been practicing with the simulator and the controls within the app. I recently picked up a Nvidia Shield K1 to use instead of my cell phone. It seems that after the update to DJI GO app v2.5.1 I am having issues with the WiFi staying connected to the P3 and the Go app acts up. Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the new GO app version on this tablet or if maybe the issue is because I am in my house and there is too much interference for the WiFi, or if the K1 tablet is trying to connect to other WiFi sources since the P3 WiFi does not have an internet connection. Like I said I guess I don't really know if the issue is with the P3, the tablet, or the GO app. It is starting to warm up a little here so I would really like to get my maiden flight soon, but I am a bit apprehensive right now since the connection with the GO app seems so erratic. Any thoughts?
"Forget" your other wifi SSIDs on the tablet, just keep the P3's. Modern devices will try to connect to the strongest signal in the area that is on the approved list, you're likely hopping back and forth btwn Phantom and home wifi.

"Forget" your other wifi SSIDs on the tablet, just keep the P3's. Modern devices will try to connect to the strongest signal in the area that is on the approved list, you're likely hopping back and forth btwn Phantom and home wifi.
OK, thanks, I will give that a try!

That worked, thank you. It now keeps the connection and the video feed is smooth.

Reactions: bbfpv
That worked, thank you. It now keeps the connection and the video feed is smooth.
Good. It's been an issue since the P2V. BTW you can pick up a WiFi priority app and force your device to keep the phantoms signal if there's a connection. Happy flying.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: BDHX2
Good. It's been an issue since the P2V. BTW you can pick up a WiFi priority app and force your device to keep the phantoms signal if there's a connection. Happy flying.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Thank you for the additional info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31