P3 Standard Went for Swim

Reaction score
Side-swiped a tree this weekend and plunged my P3 Standard into a river this weekend. It was submerged for 20-30 seconds at most. Immediately pulled the battery. Let it dry for several days in the car at 100-110*. Just to check I put the battery in and powered the battery on. The battery powered on, but the drone didn't respond at all.

I'm hoping I've got a bad battery, but I hate to buy one if the drone isn't going to work. Is there a way to check the one I've got. I'll have access to a multimeter tomorrow, but haven't checked any voltages yet.

Your battery is more than likely toast - they don't like getting deep-sixed (it messes up athe electronics in the battery itself). Know anyone who also uses the same type of battery? If so, borrow a battery from that person and try it in your own UAV.

@schmity
Welcome to the forum!

That battery is probably dangerous, may catch fire, and or burn up your charger.

Sorry what happen, and sorry to say that leaving it in a hot car may have made things worse.

Best thing you could have done was to take everything apart as far as you can, and have a fan on it with Air Conditioning.
Many tear down procedures here also.

If you put wet clothes in the car with the windows up, how long would it take them to dry? There is no air flow, a cloths dryer works from airflow and heat.

There are many stories on this forum that turned out good, and the technics that they have done. I also have seen rice work very well.

Phantoms are made in China, they like rice. ;)

Good Luck...

Rod

Got A new battery today. Surprisingly everything was still working. Camera and Gimbal working still flying. Only thing I didn't do was put a card and take pictures or video. Will check and see as soon as get a full charge on the battery.

Glad things turned out s good as they did - it certainly is better than losing the entire drone. I had one go into a pond earlier this year and had to do basically the same as you have done - only I just let it dry in ambient air for a couple of weeks. Wasn't sure it was going to fly and I had a photo-shoot opportunity coming up so I bought a second refurbished P3S for just in case the other one was dead. Good thing, too, because the first one had a messed up gimbal and it wouldn't have worked for me anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers