P3 STANDARD Tablet Mount Options

I added a tablet mount to my P3S remote controller like this. You can some other options in this thread.

I added a tablet mount to my P3S remote controller like this. You can some other options in this thread.

I did a lot of research and (grudgingly) decided that this was the best option. I ordered the mount and insert from the amazon link, and am very pleased with the result. I'm using an iPad mini 4 with the silicon case.

Yeah, the thought of drilling a hole in the remote controller is kind of scary at first. It's pretty easy to do though if you take your time.

Reactions: Matt2516
The Inspire mount is very well done and sturdy, and it folds down nicely when not in use. I did not want to drill any holes in the RC as my P3S is under warranty, so I removed the thumb screw from the mount and used 3M VHB double-sided tape on the portion of the mount that runs parallel to the RC. As there is quite a gap between the mount and the RC, I actually sandwiched a small piece of plexiglass, about 3mm thick, between two layers of 3M tape.For my 7" tablet, this setup is perfect, rock solid.

I bought this ....

7.9" Tablet Holder Mount For DJI Phantom 3 Standard 2 Vision+ Quadcopter Fr iPad | eBay

s-l300.jpg

You do not get the sun shield though ... only the holder and mount. But for basically $5 ...... ??

Nigel

Hi Mike ... but what happens if you mount Argtec ? That's one of the biggest hurdles when the larger mounts are installed. The tablet is larger and top edge gets in way of the Argtec antenna.

Nigel

Hi Mike ... but what happens if you mount Argtec ? That's one of the biggest hurdles when the larger mounts are installed. The tablet is larger and top edge gets in way of the Argtec antenna.

Nigel
Valid point, but not something I can comment on I'm afraid - I neither own an Argtec, nor do I plan on getting one. My solution is just that - it works for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20