P3 standard start up problems

Reaction score
Hi all.
When I turn my phantom 3 std on it just keeps going beep beep quickly and the drone lights are a (solid green with quick flashing red, amber) and the light in the camera is solid green.
When I turn the controller on and connect to the DJI app...it says the compass needs calibrating and firmware update, well I've taken it into the middle of a field and tried to calibrate it, but it keeps saying, failed because of magnetic something try again, so It won't let me calibrate the compass AND can someone point me in the right direction for the firmware update. Also the camera seems to get very warm and the beeping sound like it's coming from the camera area, if that's possible. Please, please Help.
I've flown models in the past but am fairly new to the drone scene and I'm a very frustrated 58 year old.
Thanks in advance.

When I turn the controller on and connect to the DJI app...it says the compass needs calibrating and firmware update,
If you are having issues, DO NOT TOUCH the firmware just yet. You will only add another variable to the problem. Firmware updates are never mandatory. As for the compass issue, if this continues to fail calibration, even in a wide open field, you may have somehow magnetized it. Has the aircraft been anywhere near any magnetic items such as large speakers, or anything else?

If you are having issues, DO NOT TOUCH the firmware just yet. You will only add another variable to the problem. Firmware updates are never mandatory. As for the compass issue, if this continues to fail calibration, even in a wide open field, you may have somehow magnetized it. Has the aircraft been anywhere near any magnetic items such as large speakers, or anything else?
No, nowhere near any magnets, I've found out what the problem is though.
The gimbal motors are making a noise all the time and the camera is getting very warm, so I unmounted it from the rubber cushions and unplugged it, I then pressed all the leads connections and plugged the main cable back into the camera and put it all back together and turned it all on and it worked perfectly, then I turned it off and waited 5mins or so and then turned it all back on and the problem was back, so it must be to do with the camera or gimbal.

Hi all.
When I turn my phantom 3 std on it just keeps going beep beep quickly and the drone lights are a (solid green with quick flashing red, amber) and the light in the camera is solid green.
When I turn the controller on and connect to the DJI app...it says the compass needs calibrating and firmware update, well I've taken it into the middle of a field and tried to calibrate it, but it keeps saying, failed because of magnetic something try again, so It won't let me calibrate the compass AND can someone point me in the right direction for the firmware update. Also the camera seems to get very warm and the beeping sound like it's coming from the camera area, if that's possible. Please, please Help.
I've flown models in the past but am fairly new to the drone scene and I'm a very frustrated 58 year old.
Thanks in advance.

Problem solved.........
It was the camera/gimbal safety drop pins...
They where holding the camera/gimbal unevenly thus the gimbal motors were running all the time causing a magnetic field and causing compass failure, took the drop pins out and hey no PERFECT.
BUT, I've now got another problem... when I put the battery on charge it charges up to 2 solid lights and won't charge any further, I've checked the health and that's 100% and the batteries only had 18 charges.
Any ideas much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4