P3 Standard RC Use Time?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who owns a P3S how long, in minutes, their controller holds a charge or they are able to use it before having to recharge it?

Next question, How long does it take you to charge your Remote Controller?

My reason for asking was that it seems to me that my RC does not hold a charge very long. I had not used the controller for a few days and had charged it up fully and then began working with my P3S and next thing I know, a red warning light appears and at first could not figure out why I was getting the light on the General Settings screen. So went ahead and finally decided to charge it back up after not being able to figure the cause of the red light warning. After being charged back up, which seemed to take 30 minutes or longer, powered everything back up and the red light went out. Evidently, the red light was because of a low battery in the Remote Controller. Hence my questions above.

Something is pretty odd there, it usually takes at least a couple of hours to charge the controller, even if it is only maybe 50% down. Charge should be ample to last for several days if not weeks and at least 10-12 flights.
Note you can see the charge level via the app. This is probably more accurate than a quick press of the button, which will give you a guide from the LEDs.
I notice mine typically drops less than 5% if I use most of a battery in the phantom.

Can anyone tell me who owns a P3S how long, in minutes, their controller holds a charge or they are able to use it before having to recharge it?

Next question, How long does it take you to charge your Remote Controller?

My reason for asking was that it seems to me that my RC does not hold a charge very long. I had not used the controller for a few days and had charged it up fully and then began working with my P3S and next thing I know, a red warning light appears and at first could not figure out why I was getting the light on the General Settings screen. So went ahead and finally decided to charge it back up after not being able to figure the cause of the red light warning. After being charged back up, which seemed to take 30 minutes or longer, powered everything back up and the red light went out. Evidently, the red light was because of a low battery in the Remote Controller. Hence my questions above.
The P3P or A takes a while-- 3 to 4 hours at 50 %-- If the battery is the same on the Standard-- probably the same time. The P3P shuts off after it is fully charged.. Did you fully charge your Controller when you received it?

Reactions: snowghost
The P3P or A takes a while-- 3 to 4 hours at 50 %-- If the battery is the same on the Standard-- probably the same time. The P3P shuts off after it is fully charged.. Did you fully charge your Controller when you received it?
Yes I fully charged it like anyone would when they are wanting to fly their new Phantom of any model. Was the first thing I did, but just curious if others are experiencing something different with this new controller. Will just have to wait and see what others come up with in time concerning this issue, even if it is one.

Reactions: iquadtography
Takes forever to charge and only go to 50% depletion for first 5 flts. So basically you'll have 10 mins and then 23 mins per battery. Rc is very wonky. Sometimes it holds and sometimes it blinks.

It's nice that bob m wants to help but he's not a P3S guy. It's a lot different than and Adv or Pro.
That is true about the P3S compared to the other P3's. Since I own one of each, it can get a bit confusing because you think that what holds true for one, will hold true for the other, Wrong, on all counts. I had charged up the P3P controller and it will discharge itself, something I did not know it would do. Was going to fly it last night but before every flight I hook everything up and check the battery level, the Pro controller had discharged to 50% or a little less. Had not used it since I was messing with the Standard. Live and learn

I find USB charging better than P3P/P3A because you can do it simultaneously with the flight battery. Use a hi-wattage charger like your iPad charger to get the job done faster.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr