P3 Standard of Yuneec G

Reaction score
Looking to purchase something in the $500 range...I have a gopro so for the yuneec I would go with the G and use my own camera. I also see the P3 standard is $500....what would you get and why?

the P3s is good to go for has everything you need ! and you will enjoy it .

Looking to purchase something in the $500 range...I have a gopro so for the yuneec I would go with the G and use my own camera. I also see the P3 standard is $500....what would you get and why?
Welcome to the forum Jamie :)
Like Meta said ;)

jamie1983, welcome to Phantom Pilots :)

Most people in this forum probably have never flown Yuneec quadcopters, so we will probably not be able to give you a good advice based on experience. When comparing the specs between the two, I noticed the Yuneec Typhoon G only has a video downlink range of 600m and a remote controller range of 800m. The Phantom 3 Standard's range is 1,000m for both of those. For that reason alone I wouldn't pick the G. Those numbers are for optimal conditions. So, while 600m might sound like a lot of distance, you might actually get less than that.

I really like the Phantom...just came across the yuneec and want to make sure I'm making the right decision. If wanted can the gopro be attached to the phantom or would I need to buy an additional gimble?

I figured most people on here would have a Phantom but probably did some research/comparison prior to purchase. I guess wanting to know if happy with the decision.

If wanted can the gopro be attached to the phantom

the phantom 3 standard comes with a 2.7k camera attached with gimbal

if want more better quality then upgrade to the phantom 3 pro , but for your price range the phantom 3 standard will suite you

I have been investigating it as of late, phantom or yuneec. I have never owned a yuneec, butone thing put me off it, it has no intelligent flight control. Oh it has gps and will return home if it gets in trouble or loses signal, but it doesn't have poi as far as I can tell, or waypoint flying, and I'm not to sure about follow me. So that tears it for me anyway. Those are the features I use most, I don't fly out to my standards limit very often, and if I do its just for sh*ts and grins, the standard is the best for me, at least for the time being. I have looked at 3DR, Youneec, Solo, just a slew of drones I cant even remember the names of. The only one I came close to trying was storm, but, it didn't have IF either. I'm not pushing the phantom, but its the best there is right now. And you can bank on my testimonial, because dji service is the worst in the industry, and I still bought a phantom, knowing this about their service from day one.

I have been investigating it as of late, phantom or yuneec. I have never owned a yuneec, butone thing put me off it, it has no intelligent flight control. Oh it has gps and will return home if it gets in trouble or loses signal, but it doesn't have poi as far as I can tell, or waypoint flying, and I'm not to sure about follow me. So that tears it for me anyway. Those are the features I use most, I don't fly out to my standards limit very often, and if I do its just for sh*ts and grins, the standard is the best for me, at least for the time being. I have looked at 3DR, Youneec, Solo, just a slew of drones I cant even remember the names of. The only one I came close to trying was storm, but, it didn't have IF either. I'm not pushing the phantom, but its the best there is right now. And you can bank on my testimonial, because dji service is the worst in the industry, and I still bought a phantom, knowing this about their service from day one.
Actually the Yuneec is a capable machine and is only second to DJI. Yuneec even builds full size electric airplanes for people travel. The Typhoon has all those features and more. The TX has a built in display with GPS. They even make the Wizard to use for follow me type functions so you don't need a full size TX. The model the OP mentioned uses the Gopro camera and also can use the 4K Yuneec cam due to the brilliant removable gimbal that you can interchange with others. It also comes with a handheld "Osmo" device to use your camera off the quad. DJi has them beat due to LightBridge but other than that they are on par with DJI. Since the OP is looking at non-LB Phantoms the Yuneec is a direct competitor.

Head on over to the YuneecPilots forum to learn more about them - Yuneec Drone Forum
electricplane.jpg

typhoon-g-set-trans-500x301_0.png
wizard-trans-500x219_0.png

Actually the Yuneec is a capable machine and is only second to DJI. Yuneec even builds full size electric airplanes for people travel. The Typhoon has all those features and more. The TX has a built in display with GPS. They even make the Wizard to use for follow me type functions so you don't need a full size TX. The model the OP mentioned uses the Gopro camera and also can use the 4K Yuneec cam due to the brilliant removable gimbal that you can interchange with others. It also comes with a handheld "Osmo" device to use your camera off the quad. DJi has them beat due to LightBridge but other than that they are on par with DJI. Since the OP is looking at non-LB Phantoms the Yuneec is a direct competitor.

electricplane.jpg

typhoon-g-set-trans-500x301_0.png
wizard-trans-500x219_0.png
Well, you basically said the same thing as I did. The phantom has the yuneec beat. I think I that. Did I say that?

I really like that the Yuneec comes with the removable gimble and handheld.....I love the look of the Yuneec....but the phantom comes with it's own camera which is nice and the longer range is a huge plus....also like being able to use my phone as the screen and download the app.

Well, you basically said the same thing as I did. The phantom has the yuneec beat. I think I that. Did I say that?
Not exactly. You said it did not have the same features, I pointed out that it infact does.
And if you're talking about non-LB Phantoms then the Yuneec & the Phantom are on par with each other.

I love the look of the Yuneec....but the phantom comes with it's own camera which is nice and the longer range is a huge plus....also like being able to use my phone as the screen and download the app.
Well, you know what that means... you need to get one of each ;)

The only big difference I see in that price range is the Yuneec uses a crappy fish eye camera (sorry GoPro users, but I hate fish eye on an expensive camera) and the Phantom 3 Standard comes with a descent 2.7k HD+ camera that takes virtual distortions free (I see none, but other videophiles claim otherwise) video and 12M stills.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Picked up my P3 standard on Sunday....terrible weather, but was able to sneak one quick flight in.

And... how was it? :)

I really like the Phantom...just came across the yuneec and want to make sure I'm making the right decision. If wanted can the gopro be attached to the phantom or would I need to buy an additional gimble?

I figured most people on here would have a Phantom but probably did some research/comparison prior to purchase. I guess wanting to know if happy with the decision.

look a p2 v2 too use the go pro with , something to think about anyhow
Used DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 CP.PT.000083R B&H Photo Video

edit
whoops sorry see you already bought one..
good luck and have fun flying

Not exactly. You said it did not have the same features, I pointed out that it infact does.
And if you're talking about non-LB Phantoms then the Yuneec & the Phantom are on par with each other.
I have gone back over the yuneec advertising. I see no mention of poi, or waypoint missions. So it pains me, but the phantom beats it, at least in those areas. Not sure about the follow me feature, but if it lacks that, its a non starter IMO.

It was awesome! So easy to fly. I have had a few cheap drones, hubsan and syma....the size/weight as well as gps I'm sure made it much stabler....took it up to 100 ft, got some good shots of my house/street. Then the rain came back. Hoping for good weather this weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4