P3 Standard NO startup sound

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Standard. I have the latest firmware installed, my quadcopter was working fine until yesterday. All I did was, I flipped the drone upside down and removed some screws for the prop guards. Now my Phantom has NO start up sound, it does not connect to Wifi, I have done the compass calibration several times and it still says that I need to calibrate the compass. There is also a clicking noise coming from the drone once the battery is turned on. Please help.

Reactions: msinger
All I did was, I flipped the drone upside down and removed some screws for the prop guards.
What exactly did you do right after removing the prop guards? Did you reinsert the same screws?

Ah. That's no good. You'll likely have to replace all of your motors since you drove those long screws through the motor coils.

The P3S motors aren't very expensive. It's about an $84 fix. The fun part is dissembling everything to get to the motors.

@samb, you can find new motors here on Amazon:
You'll need two of each motor. Here's a how-to for replacing the motors:

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I'll remove the screws when I get home this evening and find out. Thanks again!

Dude I haven't flown my drone in over a year. Had a shaft break on 1 motor, so I got a new one and replaced it. At the same time I removed all the prop guard mounts! Couldnt get the **** motors to start afterwards! I tried figuring out the problem twice already. This is my 3rd attempt. I had time to really dig into it now because of the corona bs. I searched everywhere, even chatted with dji support. Finally came across this forum and I'll be damned! Freakn long screws freaked up all 4 motors! Just ordered 4 news ones for $90 when the original new replacement a year ago cost me $10 on ebay. Man I feel so **** stupid now! :)) THANKS! I wish this forum popped up a year ago!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20