P3 Standard No Signal Issue...What Now??

Reaction score
I posted here a few days ago about my "No Signal" issue on my P3S. I have gotten very good advice from many of you but nothing has worked so I think it might be a deeper problem. I guess now I would like advice on what to do next.

Quick rundown of problem. I have had it since Saturday. Everything seemed fine Saturday. Loaded the latest firmware Sunday and since then have made 3 flights, 2 without signal for video. Drone flies fine, and will take video but just no FPV. Based on advice I've heard here and looking online, it looks like I have several options. MANY people are saying that their P3S was fine until they downloaded latest firmware and are now having the same problem. Many other people are saying its the GoApp thats giving them the same issue. I called Dji Tech Support and their very quick response was "Send it to us to fix or return it to who you got it from."

So what should I do?
1) Revert back to previous firmware and see what happens? And if so, how do you do that?
2) I deleted GoApp and reinstalled. First time it came up perfect like nothing was ever wrong, then next time, nothing, and nothing since. Should I try Litchi to see if that fixes this?
3) Try to revert back to previous GoApp version....Could that be the problem?
Or4) Do what Dji said and send it back for repair or swap?

With the vast majority of things I am reading pointing to some kind of software issue with either the remote, app or Phantom, I'm having trouble believing that it is a hardware issue that needs to be sent in for repair or exchange. But then again, I am very new and clueless at this so who knows...

Gary I don't remember your thread and you might have tried . Have you tried another device . Just throwing rocks now .
Have never used anything but the Go app so can't comment on that .

Hi Gary - I didn't see your previous post as to this issue - a friend of mine who has a P3 found he had a loose plug and a broken wire connecting the camera to his quad. If I remember correctly he found one cable was pulled out of the plug. He was able to unplug the two white cable plugs then using tweezers he pushed the loose wire back into the plug. Now, I believe that resolved a gimbal and feed issue he was having.

I am not sure but this also might be an issue you have - double check your antenna cables on the landing gear - if any of those are broken it will also remove video feed for your FPV on the app.

Did you try a re-link of the RC to the Phantom? I read another guy had this issue and when he replaced his device to RC USB cable with a "lightning usb connection" he resolved the problem also.

Gary - I saw this on a DJI forum - not sure if this is the same firmware version you are using but this upgrade failed and showed in the hidden log file inside the \MISC\LOG Folder that the device is not connected during the upgrade (despite it being so) and as such they don't upgrade properly - hence no video signal to the smart phone or iPad or whatever device.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Obviously in this case it was a Firmware issue.

Antennas in skids are 5.8 . Not FPV
2.4 antennas are inside of battery box and cables go into top of gimbal .
Cables inside the TX could be not on correctly like eagle said but their are 2 of them so seems unlikely both
would be off .
Seeing some of this stuff in here latly though it would not surprise me .

Last edited:
Fly it into a tree and leave it, start drinking beer... Just kidding, I'm following this thread for information also. I haven't had any problems....yet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gary I don't remember your thread and you might have tried . Have you tried another device . Just throwing rocks now .

I'm using a Shield K1, which people rave about saying its an awesome device for Phantom3. Of course that doesn't mean that mine isn't having some sort of issue. Will try my wife's iPhone in a bit.

Hi Gary - I didn't see your previous post as to this issue - a friend of mine who has a P3 found he had a loose plug and a broken wire connecting the camera to his quad. If I remember correctly he found one cable was pulled out of the plug. He was able to unplug the two white cable plugs then using tweezers he pushed the loose wire back into the plug. Now, I believe that resolved a gimbal and feed issue he was having.

I am not sure but this also might be an issue you have - double check your antenna cables on the landing gear - if any of those are broken it will also remove video feed for your FPV on the app.

Did you try a re-link of the RC to the Phantom? I read another guy had this issue and when he replaced his device to RC USB cable with a "lightning usb connection" he resolved the problem also.

How do I check that cable? Remove the plastic clip things holding the gimbal to the craft?
And I have re-linked it a bunch of times in past couple days,,,nothing.

I'm using a Shield K1, which people rave about saying its an awesome device for Phantom3. Of course that doesn't mean that mine isn't having some sort of issue. Will try my wife's iPhone in a bit.
Like I said I was just throwing rocks on that but you never know . I found your thread and read it .
I would say you have something lose but if you do have FPV and then you don't...I dono .
I have never had that issue ..yet
Good luck :)

There is a guy on YouTube just type no signal phantom 3 standard and he does a reset by pushing a button underneath the p3s. I didn't even know there was a button under the body.

Reactions: Gary M
How do I check that cable? Remove the plastic clip things holding the gimbal to the craft?
And I have re-linked it a bunch of times in past couple days,,,nothing.
If your talking about the 2.4 cables they are here A2.png There are 2 screws under that that hold the covers down and keep those clips down . That picture is not mine but that's where they are at .

Just tried it on wifey's iPhone,,, no joy. I will check those cables tomorrow. But in case I decide to go that route, does anyone know how to go back to the firmware I had prior to updating latest?

I have never done that myself Gary - however looking at my own bird here it seems simple enough to do.

I would say you have to drop the gimbal down (remove the two clear plastic retaining pins (turn and pull nut off the end of them) and then remove the white rubber shocks. Then pull out the plugs at the gimbal and see if any of the wires are loose at the plug connections.

Did you happen to check the antennae wires on the legs for any breaks or damage/pinched etc. If there is a break or short there it would have an effect on FPV signal.

I hate to have wasted everyone's time and energy here, but guys, I think I just may have found the culprit. I downloaded Litchi. Got everything running and voila....SIGNAL! Shut down and went through process 3 times and was good each time. Nice beautiful green lights flashing saying ready to fly.

Man, I sure do appreciate being able to talk to you dudes and get ideas though. Thanks so much for your help. Im going to try it out tomorrow and then I'll come back here and tell Y'all how it went.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have never done that myself Gary - however looking at my own bird here it seems simple enough to do.

I would say you have to drop the gimbal down (remove the two clear plastic retaining pins (turn and pull nut off the end of them) and then remove the white rubber shocks. Then pull out the plugs at the gimbal and see if any of the wires are loose at the plug connections.

Did you happen to check the antennae wires on the legs for any breaks or damage/pinched etc. If there is a break or short there it would have an effect on FPV signal.

Hey Eagle,,,what warship and helo am I seeing in your profile pic??

I hate to have wasted everyone's time and energy here, but guys, I think I just may have found the culprit.

Way to go Gary - never a waste of time - great to hear that news and as usual in many cases when it comes to anything at all the resolve is much easier than originally thought. Happy for ya to get your bird back in the air - safe lying.

So, I guess the problem is/was the GoApp?

what warship and helo am I seeing in your profile pic??

HMCS Fraser (DDH - Helicopter Destroyer) - the helo coming around to land on board is a Sea King.

Im hoping the Go app was the issue, yeah. Im hoping to get a flight in to see if weather cooperates.

I was a cruiser sailor,,, USS Normandy. Worked helo flight deck for 3 years. Miss it like crazy! No adrenaline rush like a hot flight deck!

I was a cruiser sailor,,, USS Normandy. Worked helo flight deck for 3 years. Miss it like crazy! No adrenaline rush like a hot flight deck!

LOL - ya got that right as to a"hot flight deck" - I served on the Fraser as a Hull Tech - she has long been decommissioned and scraped.

The good - no - the great old days! Tipped back a few cold ones with American Sailors on a couple of Nato runs - sad state of affairs how our Navy has been so embarrassingly neglected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj