P3 Standard issue

Reaction score
Yesterday I was given a brand new P3S as a gift, went through all of the tutorials and instructions, have calibrated the compass, but when I try to fly, nothing happens. The quad goes through it's start ups light flashes, I get slow blink green lights. Batteries are fully charged. I should mention that I don't have a compatible smartphone. When I follow the instructions for starting the motors, (both sticks simultaneously down and in to the corners) nothing happens. I can tilt the camera just fine, but nothing else. I have tried re-linking the transmitter to the bird, with no results. There is one line in the instructions about activating the thing before flying, but nothing at all about how to do this.

Do I have to go buy a $300 smartphone to use this thing?

There is one line in the instructions about activating the thing before flying, but nothing at all about how to do this.
You'll need to install DJI GO and activate your Phantom before flying it.

FYI, it's not very safe to attempt to fly without DJI GO. It provides a lot of valuable flight information.

Do I have to go buy a $300 smartphone to use this thing?
No. There are less expensive options on this list.

Note: If you're using an Android device and it's not compatible with DJI GO, you'll need to download the DJI GO APK and sideload it.

Thank you so much for your help, msinger. My son was very disappointed this thing seemed to not be working, and your help fixed my issue. My son is grinning from ear to ear that this works now.
I'm new to drones, but not to R/C heli's and this thing had me baffled. Seems easy to fly, but very complex to get set up. I wish the work around for my incompatible device would have been included in the instructions.

You're welcome. I'm happy to hear you're up and running now :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic