P3 Standard - Gimbal Noise

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Someone could help?

Gimbal make some noise, when I move the camera down, noise stop.

thanks
best,

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

First Post, First Phantom?

Not normal.

Hum, try a gimbal calibration.

They say there is a fan in there, but I don't think that's the noise.

Rod

Welcome to the forum!

First Post, First Phantom?

Not normal.

Hum, try a gimbal calibration.

They say there is a fan in there, but I don't think that's the noise.

Rod
Thanks for reply...
Yes, first Phantom

Gimbal calibration done, nothing...

No, Standard dont have a fan on gimbal...
thanks again...

Hum, I don't know, hopefully somebody else has an idea.
I assume you haven't flown it yet?

Rod

I had to send mine back to be repaired , after getting it back from them from a repair . Its tracking shows I will get it back Tuesday .Again

Mine does that as well but only if I have it around like metal objects. For example if I'm flying and I hand catch it then walk to my car and put on hood or in trunk so I can shut down. It will do that then. Maybe try to put it outside in grass and see if it does it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had to send mine back to be repaired , after getting it back from them from a repair . Its tracking shows I will get it back Tuesday .Again

Welcome to the Forum!

Wow your first post and your trying to help others, I am impressed. Not how I started.:rolleyes:

So was yours bad from the beginning?

I hadn't seen any of these grinding noises before, when I saw the @Ale-E video I thought it was topping out, like it wasn't level and trying to go above its upper limit.

Your video, OMG, that was bad, looks like he needs to send his in also.

Rod

Thanks for reply...
Yes, first Phantom

Gimbal calibration done, nothing...

No, Standard dont have a fan on gimbal...
thanks again...
Well, from the last video clip, I think it needs a repair.
If its not broke, don't fix it.
If its broke and under warranty, fly it.
:D

I had a small crash landing & broke the Gimbal , I had just got it back & powered it up & the video is what it sounded like . It never made that noise before , so I contacted DJI & sent it back for them to repair what I paid for & actually test it before sending it back to me . There was an LED light out also they didn't fix , so I'm pretty sure no one tested it . I did do a short flight to make sure all worked before I sent it back again & it few & camera worked fine .
It should be back in my hands the 8/23/16

Its very similar situation...
My Phantom is out of warranty.
Please, let me know about what exactly was changed/fixed.
thanks...

I can give you the list of what was originally replaced from the crash landing , but what they did after sending it back again , it was repaired with no charge & haven't seen a thing on what they did . I had to pay from my own pocket from the initial repair , because they said it was my fault. Here's a little history of my repair ,

Thing is, I watched the Prop. fly off in the middle of a field & they first said it was too close to power lines , which they actually showed a photo from the craft of the Power lines, thing is , those other power lines were 300 yards from where the Drone dropped out of the air , spinning , those Power lines were on the first leg of the flight & caused no issue , according to the flight path . After pointing this out to them , they then said I impacted something & showed the compass had interference from the power lines that I was flying under , yes they were there , about 40' above the craft & I explained I have been flying there since day one with the craft & not had any issues .
I had just watched the Power Company use a Drone to check the Switches on those Cement supported Power lines & they had no issues, but they said I impacted something , because of Compass interference . I believe the Compass interference was because the Craft was flopping about in the air with only three Prop's before crashing , I watched the whole episode & told them I watched it & since they had a photo of the power lines that were at the other end of the flight , how come they didn't have one of what I was supposed to have impacted , but it was no use . It could have been a bad Prop or loose , I guess , anything is possible , but why make up two different stories & keep adding to them ?

Bottom line is , even if they told me what was wrong with the Camera Gimbal noise, I don't think I would believe them !
I'm going to become a Drone Mechanic from now on , I will not send anything back to them .

Sorry for my rant , I feel better now , LOL

I can give you the list of what was originally replaced from the crash landing , but what they did after sending it back again , it was repaired with no charge & haven't seen a thing on what they did . I had to pay from my own pocket from the initial repair , because they said it was my fault. Here's a little history of my repair ,

Thing is, I watched the Prop. fly off in the middle of a field & they first said it was too close to power lines , which they actually showed a photo from the craft of the Power lines, thing is , those other power lines were 300 yards from where the Drone dropped out of the air , spinning , those Power lines were on the first leg of the flight & caused no issue , according to the flight path . After pointing this out to them , they then said I impacted something & showed the compass had interference from the power lines that I was flying under , yes they were there , about 40' above the craft & I explained I have been flying there since day one with the craft & not had any issues .
I had just watched the Power Company use a Drone to check the Switches on those Cement supported Power lines & they had no issues, but they said I impacted something , because of Compass interference . I believe the Compass interference was because the Craft was flopping about in the air with only three Prop's before crashing , I watched the whole episode & told them I watched it & since they had a photo of the power lines that were at the other end of the flight , how come they didn't have one of what I was supposed to have impacted , but it was no use . It could have been a bad Prop or loose , I guess , anything is possible , but why make up two different stories & keep adding to them ?

Bottom line is , even if they told me what was wrong with the Camera Gimbal noise, I don't think I would believe them !
I'm going to become a Drone Mechanic from now on , I will not send anything back to them .

Sorry for my rant , I feel better now , LOL
Yes, if is spinning out of control, it creates a compass error.

Added: When I posted this in the past.
Another bird falls out of the sky
I had found something that said that if the compass sees a rotation of some speed, that is impossible for the phantom to turn that fast it gives you an error message.

Added:
Found the info it was on Healthy Drones, Duh!
2016-08-23_11-25-12.png

Last edited:
Got the Drone back today & its quiet as a mouse , Calibrated the IMU per the instructions sheet that came along with it & once I make sure all Film ware is up to date , though I had no messages on the GO app. I will test fly tomorrow .

I would like to know what they did to fix that noise & they also fixed my one LED light , this time . LOL I will ask , just to see if they give me the run around or a good answer .

Got the Drone back today & its quiet as a mouse , Calibrated the IMU per the instructions sheet that came along with it & once I make sure all Film ware is up to date , though I had no messages on the GO app. I will test fly tomorrow .

I would like to know what they did to fix that noise & they also fixed my one LED light , this time . LOL I will ask , just to see if they give me the run around or a good answer .

Ok! thanks.!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl