P3 Standard firmware update?

Reaction score
I bought a P3S for a friend and he wants me to install also the latest firmware. I have the P3A and I know how the whole procedure should be done but I can't find anywhere any fw update for the Standard. Am I missing something here?

Any ideas? Thanks.

DJI aren't showing any firmware updates for the P3S on their site yet, so presumably the currently installed firmware is the only one available.

You'll get an automatic update message in the DJI GO app if there is a newer one. Mine out of the box had an update that ran for 10min., be patient with a full charge on all devices.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I purchased mine (P3S) about 2 weeks ago and I did need to do a firmware update. There's an instruction pdf within the GO app for how to do an update for each version of the P3.

The Standard Firmware is not downloadable from the website, you have to use the DJI Go app. My update ran for about 35 minutes on one and 20 minutes on the other. It is a little tricky as you need to disconnect from the Drone Wifi and back to your normal Wifi to download the update itself, then switch the Wifi back to the drone. That is, if you cannot use your cellular data and Wifi at the same time (I cannot). Don't forget the extra batteries if you have them. The latest Standard firmware updates the quad, controller, and batteries.

Question.
I was updating the firmware in my p3 standard, after 20 minutes i did that I suppose not to do, I turned the drone off without finishing the process.
Now all it does is a da da da da. Da da da da..........
Any suggestions to bring it back to life.?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As long as the RC connects to it again (you get the solid green light) you should be able to get your mobile device to connect and see the "firmware downloaded" message on the home screen of the DJI Go app screen. Click it and restart the firmware update.

Reactions: Mariop3s
I'll try that tomorrow morning.
Thanks D Myers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic