Part out

You wouldnt happen to have a link to those auctions would you? When i search all i see is the aftermarket pieces.

Well I have a lil bit of a update. Got the bird mostly put back together!

Started here
20180528_102700.jpg

This lil guy I a pretty dang hard to put back.
It live's underneath the pcb and the back screw
is a nightmare!!
20180528_102721.jpg

But after just a bit it's back together nice and neat.
20180528_114302.jpg

Still waiting on the gimbal board and a new ribbon cable. Just wanted show some progress!

On another note when you replace all these main components like I have im
sure there is some sort of re-sink process?? Imma search around for it but just
thought i'd toss it up here.

Anywho thanks for looking have a good one and

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Well I am super bummed! I finally got the gimbal board and ribbon cable in, thanks PhantomoverAdrian!

I put it all back together and linked the r/c. Well I am not getting any feed from the board.
It will not feed to the app.

It does the real erratic dance. Freezes and holds. How do you put video up? I have a video I can
post, just don't know how to upload it.

So I went ahead and put old gimbal board back on and I was back to old issues. Gimbal dead and giving
the same error's as before but was connected and feeding video. Whats weird is when the gimbal I got from above user, it moves just very
erratically but will not connect. I replace it with old gimbal its dead but connects.

Just to note I also picked up the original ribbon cable from him as well. I have been using it with both
gimbals to get the results I posted above. Im friggin lost man. If I could get connectivity with the new
board I could at least see the error codes but it will not connect.

Screenshot_20180601-175808.png

That is all I see when I got the new gimbal board hooked up.
When I hook up the old gimbal I actually see the drone I have and can push camera and see all the
telemetry and video feed. Just got a dead gimbal.

Am I missing something? Did I miss a step?

Have you swiped your screen to get to the Phantom 3? (See the 4 dots under the pic?) Prob why the old board links because that’s what was registered with it. I just did the ESC board and motors on mine (not gimbal) and it relinked with no problem. I also just crashed mine for the first time and broke the compass connected off the board. New board on the way. Gonna find someone who can put the connector back on the old board and keep it for a spare.

Reactions: Harpo
Have you swiped your screen to get to the Phantom 3? (See the 4 dots under the pic?) Prob why the old board links because that’s what was registered with it. I just did the ESC board and motors on mine (not gimbal) and it relinked with no problem. I also just crashed mine for the first time and broke the compass connected off the board. New board on the way. Gonna find someone who can put the connector back on the old board and keep it for a spare.

Linking the R/C was not a problem at all. The new ESC and motors are communicating fine. (While old gimbal board is installed.)
When I swipe the screen all that shows are drones that are not mine.
When I re-install the old gimbal everything is fine. Just got the same error codes. With the dead gimbal. Im starting to think this gimbal board is bad. Not in
any way intentional by the user I bought it from. It just might be defective from the crash he was involved in. Problem is he said he had video and gimbal dance
prior to removal.

All I know is when I put original gimbal board back the drone acts normal. This is with new ESC board to note. Just I have a gimbal error along with a dead gimbal.
When I hook up the new gimbal board I loose the drone, gimbal moves but acts erratically and will not feed.

Also just want to note: Dji apparently just updated everything and the app made me do a lot of updates. When I did the drone updated with the new PCB, had no choice.
It made me register and agree to a lot of crap I didn't want to but I couldn't proceed without doing so. It also says there is a new firmware available. Keep in mind I cant
see this unless I hook up old gimbal board. But I didn't want to update firmware with a gimbal error code.????
Seems problematic to me.

@Harpo,
Sharing the video?
You need to upload it to Uboob, vimeo, etc.
Then post a link.
Or you could share it on a dropbox, onedrive, gdrive, etc.

Rod

Oh Uboob is my concept of YouTube, etc. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Harpo
Here be the link :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: RodPad
Here be the link :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just want to note that I inspected the roll motor alignment to the camera and its 'levelness' to the gimbal and it looks
really dog'on close. Ill snap a pic of it and report back

Good try, all this crap is a learning curve, look at settings, sharing and en-bedding. :rolleyes:

Rod

Added: It doesn't play...

I do believe you are correct sir, I tried to manually start motors when my gimbal/camera board was disconnected and it would not respond at all.

I earlier posted this but it is bad information. I personally operated my p3s tonight with nothing connected whatsoever gimbal/camera related.
To my complete surprise it flew amazingly to boot.
Would hover and hold position very well I might add. No real reason im posting this except just to post clarify info. Maybe it will help

Yes, it now plays!
I need some thinking time, or anybody else got some thoughts?

Rod

Ok I have a little bit of progress. After several attempts to link the r/c and new gimbal board I finally
was able to get it to start reporting to the app. Now it still says singal weak but I actually get camera feed
in and out.

Also I was able to check the status on the gimbal and it is showing gimbal motor overload. Great I know how
to fix this(I think). I have check alignment with the roll motor. Pic above. Can anyone tell me I they think it still
needs adjustment?

I just took it outside and was able to fly it, I kept it close just in case! I was showing sats and had some telemetry but the connection was in and out. It kept saying disconnected then it would connect back. Over and over. So I sat her down brought her in and im gone try and do some calibrations if I could ever get the dag um app feed to stabilize!!

I do believe you are correct sir, I tried to manually start motors when my gimbal/camera board was disconnected and it would not respond at all.

I read another thread here from a fellow needing a gimbal board aswell.
Well long story short he replaced aftermarket ribbon cable with actual
DJI cable and the gyro error went away.

Im thinking I may just try that first, as the cable I replaced my damaged one with
is a el cheapo from ebay. The thing I don't get is why does the camera feed with this
cable but the gimbal is dead? Very frustrating.

Side note if I cant get the ribbon cable to correct problem just how hard do you think it would be (electronically) to adapt one of the
cheaper 2 axis gimbals to my phantom and just not use the factory pieces. Now I know I am stepping backwards technologically
and would still have to keep the factory board. But I would think it wouldn't be to hard to adapt camera to aftermarket gimbal and
let it handle the stabilization.???

Only major down fall would be I wouldn't be able to pan camera up or down?

I believe the ribbon cable controls the gimble. The camera feed is via the black and gray antenna feeds to the patch antennas.

I earlier posted this but it is bad information. I personally operated my p3s tonight with nothing connected whatsoever gimbal/camera related.
To my complete surprise it flew amazingly to boot.
Would hover and hold position very well I might add. No real reason im posting this except just to post clarify info. Maybe it will help
Hum, Not sure what this statement really means, but if your remote and Phantom was linked, then you would be able to fly without a camera or gimbal. You wouldn't have telemetry. If this is incorrect please advise. ;)

Rod

You have worked on so much stuff I kind of got lost.
Now you have intermittent video and telemetry?
You think you can fix the gimbal since your getting the error message?
The picture looks good to me, obviously your finding the problem.

Rod

Hum, Not sure what this statement really means, but if your remote and Phantom was linked, then you would be able to fly without a camera or gimbal. You wouldn't have telemetry. If this is incorrect please advise. ;)

Rod
I was just clarifying a earlier post that I made. I had said that the drone was disabled due to gimbal and camera not being hooked up. But I was wrong.
Just wanted to clear it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers