P3 STANDARD Corse Lock need help.

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm sounding stupid but does the P3S using the DJI GO app have Corse Lock, Home Lock, and way points? I have been trying to engage corse lock and can't get it to come on. I do what is instructed on the YouTube videos and no results. Can someone give me the proper procedure. Also, my controller is the type that has the toggle switches on the upper right and left corners and the camera tilt wheel on the upper left... Thanks for your help.

Nemo, top right toggle down all the way for multifunction mode. The. You will see a button to push on the app when flying. Make sure the bird is set to allow multifunction mode also in the bird settings on the flying screen in the app. Hope that helps. I just checked today at lunch and it worked on my P3S.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nick is right .This is the setting in app Nemo IMG_3851.PNG and it has to be in the air when you toggle the S1 down to see the icon .
You will find what you look for then .

Reactions: Nickster
Ok guys I have done everything you have suggested and I still get no corse lock display on my dji go app. I set the multi flight mode do all my preflight checks and fly off. Then I flip the S1 switch down and nothing... Any more suggestions???

On the left side of screen does another icon show up under auto take off/land icon when switch is moved down??? Does it change from P-gps to F??? Check this video out

I will take another look at the icons under the auto take off...thanks.

On the P3 remote, there are two switches:

Right switch is S1
Left switch is S2

S1 selection, from top to bottom:
P - GPS mode (GPS-stabilized flight)
A - Atti mode
F - Function / IOC mode (GPS-stabilized flight)

S2 selection, from top to bottom:
IOC off/disabled
C - Course Lock
H - Home Lock

To enter IOC mode, set the switches to the following:
S1 - Set to F
S2 - Set to either C or L

Note that for Home Lock to work, the aircraft should already be in the air, must have GPS lock, a valid Homepoint, and is flying at least 10 meters away from Homepoint.

I thought the S2 switch on the P3 was to initiate RTH?

I thought the S2 switch on the P3 was to initiate RTH?

Among a few other functions...

From the manual:
Toggle the S1 switch back and forth multiple times to regain the control of the aircraft during Failsafe RTH
Toggle the S1 switch back and forth for more than 3 times to calibrate the aircraft's compass.
Toggle the S1 switch to position 1 to enable P-Mode, to position 2 to enable A-Mode, and to pposition 3 to enable F-Mode
Toggle the S2 switch back and forth at least twice to initiate Smart RTH. Use the S2 switch and the gimbal dial to link with the aircraft and reset the WiFi password.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
On the P3 remote, there are two switches:

Right switch is S1
Left switch is S2

S1 selection, from top to bottom:
P - GPS mode (GPS-stabilized flight)
A - Atti mode
F - Function / IOC mode (GPS-stabilized flight)

S2 selection, from top to bottom:
IOC off/disabled
C - Course Lock
H - Home Lock

To enter IOC mode, set the switches to the following:
S1 - Set to F
S2 - Set to either C or L

I thought you were saying he had to use the S2 to use course lock function

Hey Nemo did you get it working yet??

dot he's not using a Standard ,here's what I see .After in the air and I am on a mini with 2.72 go app I see this
1.PNG I then pull S1 down to F mode and see this 2.PNG see the added icon under rth , I click on it and get this
3.PNG I agree and then have all the stuff at the bottom 4.PNG

Thank you guys for the advice and Procharged97 your advice and video worked. No where in the instructions from DJI does it tell me to do that so again thank you and I feel so much better having access to those functions.
OrlyP thank you also and I will try your method too next time out. It also sounds right.

Thank you guys for the advice and Procharged97 your advice and video worked. No where in the instructions from DJI does it tell me to do that so again thank you and I feel so much better having access to those functions.
OrlyP thank you also and I will try your method too next time out. It also sounds right.
There's a lot of things that the manual don't tell ya but that's why Phantom Pilots is here !
ayyyy!!!!.gif

Reactions: Nickster
Awesome glad you got it working Nemo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr