P3 Standard backpack

Reaction score
I have been looking very hard for a travel backpack for my P3S on Ebay or Amazon. All the bags I see do not have space for the phone clamp, or they are meant for the Pro/Adv phone clamp style. Does anyone know of any sub - $100 P3S backpacks on Ebay or Amazon? (Hard and soft are both fine) Thanks!

Get the Lowepro Backpack... I have one... you can basically make any controller fit.

How big is the standard controller compared to the slot in the picture? Would one of those bags fit it if the clamp was unscrewed (easier than I thought)? I know going cheap isn't the best idea, but I don't have much spending money left, and I would like to get a spare battery with that money! :)

There are a few threads on here with guys getting the cheapy ebay ones and they fit..google it

So from the information I see on youtube, the P3S controller fits in the P3A/P3P controller space with the clamp unscrewed. Thanks for your help though!

Those cheap eBay backpacks are a crapshoot. I ordered one and it is very poor quality, the layer of foam on both the top and bottom are very thin so the threads on the top of motors have poked through. Also, the top was glued together upside down so it does not match up with the bottom when I go to close it all up.
I wanted it for the foam on the inside so I could pack up my phantom and put it in the top case on the back of my motorcycle., but unfortunately it's not even worthy. I'm going to buy my some foam sheets and cut it myself to custom fit the top case.
I also have a Lowepro drone guard 400 but it is too big to fit inside the top case and I'm not sure yet if I want to use bungee cords to strap it on the back.

Last edited:
The AmazonBasics bag that msinger suggested looks good and has a great price. Just ordered one.

The AmazonBasics bag that msinger suggested looks good and has a great price. Just ordered one.
Please report back when you have the backpack and if the phantom fits.
Copied from Amazon -
Q: Will this bag fit a dji phantom 3 standard?
A: This bag is fairly large but I am not sure of the quad copter size un-assembled. I would be tempted to insert the comparted packaging your copter came in. Made of RipStop material, the bag interior measures 5 inches deep x 12 inches wide at the bottom and tapers to 5 inches deep x 8 inches wide at the top and is 16 inches tall. There is also a pocket that will fit a large laptop 17 inches in the back pocket where to carrying straps are located. The front pocket seems roomy for all the wires you could carry along with manuals. Also has a rain guard included.
Hope this helps. >>>>>Jacques

Got the bag today, first impressions are not too bad.
In the bag I was able to fit: The drone with a battery inserted, the controller with a custom antenna mod on it, 2 sets of props and 4 spares (12 in total), an extra battery, and the battery charger.

I first placed the drone inside and attempted closing the bag, the first time zipping up, it was VERY tight. After leaving for a few hours the bag had adjusted and became easier to close. My biggest concern was about too much force being applied to the motor axles but the bottom of the bag is made of some soft foam so i am not worried.

Next I figured out how to fit the controller. If your controller is unmodded, it should be a rather easy job to make it fit. Mine however has 3 panel antennas on it. They could be removed, but hey, i'm lazy. You can see in the pictures I have some space available to the side of the drone. A removable antenna mod could be stored there or there is space in the back of the bag if the mod is relatively flat, like a DBS mod.

Next i fit the extra battery and the props. The bag comes with some foam pads that have Velcro so they can attach almost anywhere in the bag. I used them to help keep the drone in place but also layered two of them on the side and they make a nice pocket for the battery. The other side could hold another battery or a removable antenna mod, or anything else you have. I have 2 good sets of good props and one set of spares (props with minor scratches) in the DJI bag. The two good sets were placed behind the DJI bag and are not visible in the picture. I used the two Velcro straps that come with the bag to hold them in place so they will not move around. The charger is placed in the back pocket.

This bag does not make a bad case for $40. Although a bit tight, it can hold everything i need to go travelling with it. However I would not trust this bag to protect it if you are expecting it to be thrown around, dropped, ect. It works great for carrying everything in one small bag and offer your drone protection from rain if you are planning to hike with it or something similar.

Some other notes are the front pocket is very tight with the drone in the bag. You could maybe fit in a manual but that is about it. The back pocket is a bit more roomy and is where I would put any extra wires and you could also fit a laptop if you really wanted to. Now I am not entirely sure if it would be advisable but the bottom of the main compartment could have 4 holes cut out for the motors and allow the drone to sit lower and have less stress on the motor heads. It would require making sure the fabric covering does not fray and possibly protect the foam from ripping in the future, but just an idea that i have.

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

Reactions: CRF319
That definitely is just a "carry" bag. I wouldn't trust dust settling on it and breaking something lol. To tight for my taste! In for updates when you cut out some space for the drone to sit lower and relieve some stress!

I give it a week before that drone is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers