Reaction score
Hi all
I run on a Samsung S6 Edge and with the latest DJIGO app update it is meant to allow facebook live streaming, now I do have the feature within my menu settings however it is always greyed out and not a fuctioning feature.
However if I use an iPhone 5s it works perfectly fine, I have seen android users since the update the other day using the livestream function so is it only certain androids?

Any suggestions

Reactions: TheBear
Mark, can't say for sure for you since I am an Apple guy, but I had to log in on it the 1st time. Also, maybe check your privacy settings with the phone and Facebook. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Cheers for replying Nickster, yea I can sign in using apple products but you can even click the facebook icon on my samsung as its all greyed out. Privacy settings are all fine aswell :(

Here is what I have found out as I am running on a Samsung S7 Edge.

The likelihood of Facebook live working on Android is low, and it's Android at fault.

Facebook LIVE with DJI requires the mobile data to be functional as the WiFi is tied up with the quad copter. Unfortunately, all Android devices shut off mobile data when a WiFi network with a DHCP router is connected, in this case the DHCP is coming from the link to the quad.

I even went as far as to contact Samsung and ask if there was a way to enable both mobile data and WiFi connections and their response was an emphatic no.

I tried rootless firewalls and smart switches with no success.

I am surprised that DJI didn't know about this limitation as their tech support guys were completely stumped when I contacted them.

I am also surprised that turning on the Samsung smart switch had no effect at all. It tells me that the Internet is not available through the DJI wifi connection, yet it refuses to switch on mobile data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

The likelihood of Facebook live working on Android is low, and it's Android at fault.

Facebook LIVE with DJI requires the mobile data to be functional as the WiFi is tied up with the quad copter. Unfortunately, all Android devices shut off mobile data when a WiFi network with a DHCP router is connected, in this case the DHCP is coming from the link to the quad.

I even went as far as to contact Samsung and ask if there was a way to enable both mobile data and WiFi connections and their response was an emphatic no.

I am surprised that DJI didn't know about this limitation as their tech support guys were completely stumped when I contacted them.

I am also surprised that turning on the Samsung smart switch had no effect at all. It tells me that the Internet is not available through the DJI wifi connection, yet it refuses to switch on mobile data.

This is also the reason that the map won't update in flight.

I can grab my wife's iPhone 6+ and live stream from the copter with ease, but my prized S7 edge fails to stream.

Yea thanks makes total sense.. ahhhh crap well we are screwed then haha.
Well its a good job then that I bought an iPhone 5s yesterday on the cheap.. god **** you samsung!! Though my S6 edge just had a massive update which took almost 45 minutes so wonder if there is something within this update

I have the same issue. My Note 4 cant get data/internet connection from GSM/4G while still connected to tx. But my iPhone6+ can stream while connected to the tx.

1 thing I havent try turning on smart network switch in wifi option on Note4. That probably can solve the issue. Also I heard someone can stream with Android Marshmallow.

Problem with smart switch is it would still disconnect you from 1 of the connections for brief periods so I doubt that would work.

it works for me on 2 different devices,plenty of lag though,im going to try different camera settings 2 see if it improves. p3a samsung note 4,tab4

sorry for post on old post...but...its few months later...fb streaming announced on 3.1.2 ....but how do u stream from the standard...if ur wifi is connected to ur phantom..how does ur phone connect to the internet?

Reactions: elkaffi
it works for me on 2 different devices,plenty of lag though,im going to try different camera settings 2 see if it improves. p3a samsung note 4,tab4
You have P3A where is controler connected with USB cable isn't it? And that is the reason why you are ok and we with P3S not. We are connected to the RC by WIFI and cellular data are disabled. Instead of yours.

Am I right?

Sent from my SM-T715 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a P3A and can stream Facebook, YouTube, etc on android. In not sure about the standard tho as it's been mentioned that it uses wifi but hopefully their is a way round it

Neon Euc

Ok so I'm wondering... I purchased a p3s and I have a s7. Sadly I found out the hard way I can't stream. I noticed there is a charging port on remote a micro usb.
Can I get a micro usb to micro usb cable and connect phone to remote that way?? Then I wouldn't have to be on wifi??

Ok so I'm wondering... I purchased a p3s and I have a s7. Sadly I found out the hard way I can't stream. I noticed there is a charging port on remote a micro usb.
Can I get a micro usb to micro usb cable and connect phone to remote that way?? Then I wouldn't have to be on wifi??
I do not believe you can do this. It is a limitation of the entry level quad, unfortunately.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using PhantomPilots mobile app

I do not believe you can do this. It is a limitation of the entry level quad, unfortunately.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your prob right. But it's a 10 dollar cable. Worth a shot. Hope for the best. Otherwise I guess buy a cheapo iPhone for stream capabilities. Since it's a android issue... I don't forsee a update fixing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31