P3 Standard and Samsung Note 8 WiFi App Connection Issue Fix

Reaction score
If you are having issues connecting your Samsung Note 8 and DJI P3 Standard give this a try to see if the fix works for you. It worked for me after futzing with it for a long time trying different combinations and poking around the site here.

Recreating the issue:

- Drone and Controller are turned on and powered up - DJI app (pre 4) latest version is installed on phone
- On your controller, rotate the gimbal control up and down to show the drone and controller are talking OK - the gimbal should move

Fix the issue:
- On your Note 8, put the device into airplane mode - this should turn off WiFi and data (cellular)
- Ensure the DJI app is closed (this may not be necessary every time, but do this step at least the first time you try it)
- turn WiFi back on (leaving the phone in airplane mode)
- Connect to the drone (wait for the phone to check internet quality and fail that check, but still be connected)
- Open the DJI app and connect to the drone - it should work now and allow you into "camera" mode vs "how to connect" and show it is connected to the drone with an image coming from the camera.
- Happy flying! (hopefully)

PS - Thanks to user M.A.C on the below thread to get this idea out there:
App won't connect.

Reactions: m.a.c.
I thought this was standard practice when flying?

I've always put my iphone 6 in airplane mode and enabled just wifi. Never had a problem with range or signal loss. I was more nervous about getting a call in the middle of flying and something going wrong.

I do use mine for fishing so its over water 99% of the time which is why I'd hate to get a call in the middle of flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik