P3 Remote Controller disturbs Charging Cycle of Mobile Device

Reaction score
I recently purchased a P3 Advanced copter and currently use it with a LG Phoenix Optimus F3 (LG-P659) cell phone. I notice that the remote controller charges the phone (which is great), but there is apparently a problem with the charging rate or something related to the charging process. The phone battery now discharges prematurely and takes longer to charge when using the normal phone charging adapter. I am posting this with hopes that DJI might comment on this matter and also to find out if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

....I am posting this with hopes that DJI might comment on this matter ...
Hopefully, someone can provide some insight into your issue, but just an FYI that DJI doesn't comment in these forums.

If you want a comment from DJI, you would need to contact them directly.

Is there a way to check the voltage on controller USB? That will give you a clue?

Hmmm - when I first connected my iphone or ipad to the controller - it gave that signal 'da-ding' so I thought it was charging the phone too.

One day I went out testing with the phone at 10% battery thinking that it would be okay when it was plugged into the controller and would charge, however after a short period of flying the phone died. Luckily it was only about 100m away and I could see the lights to get it back home. Interesting flying by sight when you're used to FPV!

Anyway, my point is, the controller does not charge the device. Or at least Apple devices.

Anyway, my point is, the controller does not charge the device. Or at least Apple devices.
Or Android devices. There's not enough juice coming out of the controller to charge anything.

It "charges" to a degree... leaving the two plugged in together does drain the controllers battery faster than if its just the controller. And my Android tablets level of charge increases over the time of a flight. It may somehow be device specific. But that really makes no sense.

The remote charges my Android as evidenced by the fact that the charge level increases to 100% from a lower charge level. This happened on both times I flew P3. Also, the battery conditions that I described in my original post are accurate reflections of what I have experienced. If no one else is experiencing this problem, I guess it is an anomaly I will have to live with, however illogical that may be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav