P3 proff, will using Litchi or other alternative give me more flight data ??

Reaction score
Hey

I use a p3 proff for a research project. We have the challenge that we would really love to be able to dig more into the flight data, for instance to have overlay of drone data and video feed, ideally get acces to the Gps positions, drone speed, and connect those with individual frames and recorded sections.

We find that the DJI universe regarding the recorded data is very closed, convoluted and not very user friendly. But will using alternative software like Litchi or alternatives give me more acces to flight data and make me able to make video files where there is overlay of flight data in perfect sync ??

It's a jungle for me so It would be great if someone can help. Best wishes Jakob

If you upload your flight data to healthdrone and then convert it over to a CSV file ( like a Excel spread sheet). you will find your data you are looking for.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
there is other ways for me this works.

Cool I will try that out. To be honest I am a bit confused about the flight data. Is this what the drone itself stores, and that can be unloaded from the drone directly, OR is the flight data what is stored on my DJI profile ? Sorry I am a bit new to this..

Also can I go further and use that info to create video files with precise overlay of the flight info ?

Cool I will try that out. To be honest I am a bit confused about the flight data. Is this what the drone itself stores, and that can be unloaded from the drone directly, OR is the flight data what is stored on my DJI profile ? Sorry I am a bit new to this..

Also can I go further and use that info to create video files with precise overlay of the flight info ?
Your tablet saves basic flight info for each flight in a .txt file.

The Bird also has internal memory which stores each flight as a .dat file. This a large file that contains comprehensive flight data.

I think what your after is flight path data, in which case the .txt file is all you really need. Certain sites like healthy drones or phantomhelp will convert your .txt file into a .kml file. This file can then be used with google earth to overlay your flight path including altitude onto the earth map. Give that a whirl it may give you some ideas.

yes here is what I've been doing with a program called dashware
some of the data from this video is from my fly tracker also.
The data is stored two places on your tab or phone and on the drone itself. data from your drone goes to a cloud account is if you have problem with your drone DJI can look at the data from the drone. I'm not sure if there is more data from the drone data file than from the data file on your tab or phone.

Your tablet saves basic flight info for each flight in a .txt file.

The Bird also has internal memory which stores each flight as a .dat file. This a large file that contains comprehensive flight data.

I think what your after is flight path data, in which case the .txt file is all you really need. Certain sites like healthy drones or phantomhelp will convert your .txt file into a .kml file. This file can then be used with google earth to overlay your flight path including altitude onto the earth map. Give that a whirl it may give you some ideas.

This is very useful info, thx a lot great with forums like this for sure :0)

yes here is what I've been doing with a program called dashware
some of the data from this video is from my fly tracker also.
The data is stored two places on your tab or phone and on the drone itself. data from your drone goes to a cloud account is if you have problem with your drone DJI can look at the data from the drone. I'm not sure if there is more data from the drone data file than from the data file on your tab or phone.

Looks great. BUT I seem to remember trying dash ware and the sync is done loosely using the movements of the drone right ?? This is not precise enough for me. What I am looking for is a way to do the sync / overlay using the flight data but that might just not be possible. If you have any idea how to do this as precise as possible I am all ears :0)

Looks great. BUT I seem to remember trying dash ware and the sync is done loosely using the movements of the drone right ?? This is not precise enough for me. What I am looking for is a way to do the sync / overlay using the flight data but that might just not be possible. If you have any idea how to do this as precise as possible I am all ears :0)
The sync is set from start time you can adjust the data to the video. I have had a few times where the data is off by a a few seconds and had to play around to get it right. I do be leave there is a way in the go app to show some data in the video. I think it makes a extra file for the video that some video player will load the data file along with the video how true is it I don't know.
For you to sync it there needs to be something to link sound or movement.

Ohh by the way on a IOS device the file in question is unloaded using ITunes right?
Sorry not using an IOS device for flyin
Ohh by the way on a IOS device the file in question is unloaded using ITunes right?

Hello Jake,
Yes you can use itunes to grab the .txt file from your ios device

1. Click the icon to access your device
  2. Click on 'Apps'
  3. Find 'DJI GO' in the Apps list and click it
  4. Under 'DJI GO Documents', click the 'FlightRecorder' folder
  5. Click 'Save to...' to save the log files to your computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj