P3 pro vs Chroma

Reaction score
I have a 350 QX3 and I want to move up to the next level. WHY P3 over Chroma???? I keep hearing customer service issues and parts availability problems? Any advise before I spend $1280 on the wrong unit?

I keep hearing customer service issues and parts availability problems
Most Phantom owners don't have either of these problems -- if you're referring to Phantom owners. The P3 is an amazing machine.

I would like to see a phantom up close before I buy. Are there any retailers in Florida?

Last edited:
I have a 350 QX3 and I want to move up to the next level. WHY P3 over Chroma???? I keep hearing customer service issues and parts availability problems? Any advise before I spend $1280 on the wrong unit?
The Phantom 3 Adv and Pro use Lightbridge.
Everything else (except the Inspire) uses wifi.
Lightbridge is a huge step forward in control technology and no-one that's used it would want to go back to old fashioned wifi.

Reactions: Evel_Knievel
the one reason i bought an advanced.
had it ten days ago.
only five minutes on mileage yet.

The light bridge that comes with the Phantom 3 pro and advanced is amazing! flew mine 2 miles out and back last weekend....I really dont think the chroma has that kind of video range/ downlink quality!

Reactions: SilverStone641
The chroma seems like a pretty decent machine if you forget about the lightbridge which is gonna give you at least double, up to triple the range of the Chroma.

That feature alone makes the p3p better than anything else in that price range (IMHO), even in spite of the issues.

I've had my P3P for around a month now. I've got over 100 flights and tons of miles on it.

Lightbridge is the Cat's Meow! Nothing that I'm aware of currently compares to it. Once I saw it in action I was hooked. I was trying to decide between P3P (I should have gone P3A though), Chroma, Q500, or the 3DR Solo.

Thus far I'm very pleased with my decision and if I had to do it over again I would do that same thing (except P3A ) easily.

I still have my 350QX2 A/P but it's now my back up platform. The camera alone is worth the upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik