P3 Pro video of Vancouver Island 2016

Reaction score
Hi all. Read a lot of posts here and got lots of advise here also. These are two videos of our summer vacation in Vancouver Island. Advise and comment are appreciated. Please excuse the poor / noobs Text edit technique.

Thanks and enjoy.

P3P, Neweer ND/PL filters, Shot in 4K30fps, After Effects CC

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Couple observations / questions:
1) I can see some flickering / artifacts / noise especially along tree lines with leaves and rock surfaces. I think it is from the sharpening algorithm? I read that people recommend dialing the sharpness down at least 1, which I didn't. I stayed with the default level. So I think I am going to try -1 next time.

2) I am not sure about using PL filters on drone now. In most of the video, there is a vignette of color change on the top corners especially with blue sky. Maybe it is because of the wide angle lens? Secondly, from 2:00 in the second video (Long Beach), the color of the leaves changes from warm to neutral back to warm as the camera pans around. I think this is because the angle of the sun relative to the lens changes as the camera pans around, thus varying the effect of the PL filter? Since the drone will turn all over during a video shot relative to the light source (the sun), won't PL filter changes the effect even during one video shot no matter how you align the filter to the sun for one particular angle for the max effect?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic