P3 pro several issues

Reaction score
Bought P3pro and P3pro controller from separate sources. These are the issues:
Installed DJigo on Iphone 8 go through the sequence turn on aircraft, turn on RC, then plug in usb. DJIgo with not go to camera mode.
The aircraft does not have a camera. So there is no port for updating the firmware...is there another way

Must the firmware in the aircraft and the firmware in the RC match?
Tried various methods to update the firmware in the RC no joy.

Tried Litchi. Their camera view yields the red "disconnected"

Bought P3pro and P3pro controller from separate sources. These are the issues:
Installed DJigo on Iphone 8 go through the sequence turn on aircraft, turn on RC, then plug in usb. DJIgo with not go to camera mode.
The aircraft does not have a camera. So there is no port for updating the firmware...is there another way

Must the firmware in the aircraft and the firmware in the RC match?
Tried various methods to update the firmware in the RC no joy.

Tried Litchi. Their camera view yields the red "disconnected"
What colour remote light ??,,,yes firmware must match or can have issues,,,it wont update without cam,,it has to be done before cam removed ,,can you start motors,,if not I'd say it's not linked to remote and needs cam on for that to happen
So as I read the remote came from different drone and drone was brought seperate,,,it wont be able to pair since it needs cam to link,once camera back on it will work ,if remote was the original one with the drone and cam was damaged or taken off it would work since it has been linked,,it wont do the same with another remote since it cant be linked,mismatch of firmware wont stop it working but the pairing or linking will stop it
If linked the remote lights will be all green

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure the drone needs a camera installed in order to link to a controller, because the linking-button is on the drone itself, NOT on the camera (see manual page 29).

When Drone and RC are linked succesfully you can readout both installed firmwares in the DJI GO app (General settings -> About).

IF there really is a firmware mismatch between the drone and remote you have to consult the Release Notes.

Download the Manual and Release Notes here:

Attachments

• About-a.jpg
    About-a.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 98
  • About-b.jpg
    About-b.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Linking RC.jpg
    Linking RC.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 91
NO because OP is not using the original remote and since cam is part of the linking it wont link
Yes link button on drone but wont link,,unplug you cam and try it,,it wont work,if it was the remote that came with drone it would be linked and would work without cam BUT if it become unlinked it wont be able to pair again

Good point! You can only link one drone to one controller at the same time.
However, there must be some way he can "unlink" from the other controller which he hasn't got?

Good point! You can only link one drone to one controller at the same time.
However, there must be some way he can "unlink" from the other controller which he hasn't got?

Attachments

• Unlink (Page 29).jpg
    Unlink (Page 29).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 90
But you need the cam on to link,,fact,,no cam no linky,,is that hard to understand or something
To unlink you just press link button,,very simple
If there was a way to link without a cam i would have corrected at the start of this post..
I have only found one old posting of this happening which is load of rubbish cause it just dont work

If you know of a way please share :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1