P3 Firmware P3 Pro RC firmware problems using iPhone 6S

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been having some problems with the latest firmware update, I have a P3 Pro. With the latest firmware update (1.9.6) my DJI Go App said that my bird and batteries needed to be updated, downloaded the new firmware into my SD Card and everything went smooth.

When I got to my RC, the app said it needed to be updated, I was using an iPhone 6S, went through the process, the app downloaded the new firmware and continued on to update my RC, it said it was updated correctly and asked me to reboot, turned my RC back on and the app again said the RC needed to be updated. I did the process many times, whatever I tried, nothing seemed to be working, tried everything, reinstalling and rebooting, every time it said the RC version was unknown and that it needed to be updated. I finally did an RC full reset and the DJI Go App did not even recognize my RC to be a P3 Pro, it recognized it as a P4, can you imagine.

Called DJI support and they were clueless, after many interactions, they finally asked me to send my RC for repair.

I was about to ship my RC when I said I will give it a final try using my IPad Air instead of my iPhone 6S, connected my RC and believe it or not, everything seemed to be OK, no firmware update warning, nothing. In the About section, I checked my firmware version and it was the correct one (version 1.6). Flew my bird and everything went smooth.

There must be some issues going on between the iPhone 6S and the DJI Go App. I sent these findings to DJI and I am awaiting their response. I will update the thread when I get a response.

Hope my experience will be of help.

Mau

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.